Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] [OUTDATED] [Singles] Alolan Ninetales Moveset - Offensive (Set-Up Sweeper/Utility)
What about pyrax and victini ?
(Dec 13, 2016, 02:51 PM)Ruine211 Wrote: What about pyrax and victini ?

@Ruine211 Victini is not common in this meta, mostly because it gets checked by Landorus-T, an OU staple, and because it has an average speed stat, so it's outspeed and KOed by a lot of this. I have no idea what is a pyrax lmao
I meant Volcarona. And as we are still in the volcas how does volcanion scores this gen ?
@Ruine211 Honestly, since HP Ground isn't super effective against Volcarona, you should probably just switch out to a counter/check. Volcanion is pretty uncommon since Tapu Koko is literally everywhere.
(Dec 13, 2016, 03:02 PM)Elly Wrote: @Ruine211 Honestly, since HP Ground isn't super effective against Volcarona, you should probably just switch out to a counter/check. Volcanion is pretty uncommon since Tapu Koko is literally everywhere.

Seems like the tapus are everywhere... Do you know if there is any chance to have, say, Tapu Koko removed from OU ?
Great options. I will definately be trying these. I have had some luck in the Battle Tree and a little bit of online singles with this set:

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay  
Ability: Snow Warning  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Aurora Veil  
- Moonblast  
- Ice Beam  
- Blizzard

Aurora Veil isnt the best in singles, I know. But with my team i am also running, it works well.

Moonblast is an awesome fairy move.

Ice Beam is a decent ice-type move with good accuracy and 10% freeze.

Blizzard is for those OHKOs you want on those dragon types.

Timid because I want it to be able to outspeed a few things
isn't it risky to set up Nasty Plot when Ninetales has so many weaknesses?
@TheGamerDoug Cool set! Glad it works for you!

@aing_cue That's why you have a team of six that can help remove said threats until Ninetales can set up safely.
(Dec 24, 2016, 09:42 AM)Elly Wrote: @TheGamerDoug Cool set! Glad it works for you!

@aing_cue That's why you have a team of six that can help remove said threats until Ninetales can set up safely.

Thanks!