Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] UCL Style League - Sign Up - CLOSED
Star 
Welcome!

Hey there everybody, and welcome to the PokemonForever UCL-style League. For those who are unaware of what the UCL is, it is the United Championship League, where 16 Poketubers battle with Pokemon from each of the 4 Smogon singles tiers (OU,UU,RU,NU) to reach the Play-offs, where the top 4 teams with the best record battle in the Semi-finals and Finals to determine the winner. Each team battles each other before the play-offs. The Pokemon used in each team are drafted from the 4 Smogon tiers, 3 from each tiers for a total of 12 Pokemon per team. From these 12, each week the players will choose which 6 Pokemon to bring to battle their opponent. Each player will know which Pokemon the other players have drafted. This provides an interesting counter-teaming dynamic, trying to predict what your opponent will bring from their 12 and bringing answers to them.

The Rules
  • Standard OU rules. For a list click here.
  • Battles will take place on Pokemon Showdown. This is to save people's time breeding, EV training or genning. If for any reason this is an inconvenience, please let me know before the battle begins.
  • Do not drag out a game for no reason. This does not mean you cannot use stall or spam recovery moves on your win condition, but if there is no way for you to win don't for example click Protect for no reason.
  • Team names must follow the following format: 'Place name' 'Pokemon'
    These two words must be an alliteration (The two words must start with the same letter)
    E.g. Bronx Beartics
  • You may only use Pokemon which you have drafted/traded for.
  • During the draft, you will pick 3 Pokemon from each tier going in the order OU,UU,RU,NU. The order in which each player picks their Pokemon will be randomly generated for each tier. After each pick, the order in which the players picked their Pokemon is reversed (e.g. if a player was last to pick his first Pokemon for a tier, he will be the first to pick his second).
  • During the draft, a Pokemon whose ability can only be used in a particular tier counts as a pick from that tier (e.g. Drizzle Politoed and Shadow Tag Gothitelle count as OU picks).
  • You may trade Pokemon from your draft between other players, so long as the Pokemon being traded are both in the same tier (e.g. an OU Pokemon for an OU Pokemon). If you want to trade Mega Evolutions, you must trade your Mega for another player's Mega, regardless of tiers.
  • Each team is restricted to one Mega Evolution. You must explicitly state which Pokemon will be your Mega as you draft it. Note: You do not necessarily need to bring your Mega Evolution to a battle, nor do you necessarily need to draft a Mega Evolution.
  • If you intend to use a Pokemon as your Mega evolution, it counts as a pick from the tier in which the Mega stone is allowed. However, if you intend to use the Pokemon in its regular form, it counts as a pick from the tier in which the regular form is allowed. (E.g. Mega Heracross is an OU pick, Regular Heracross is a UU pick).
  • After a battle is over, a replay video on Showdown must be sent to me via PM by one of the players.
  • If a battle time is scheduled and one player does not arrive within 15 minutes, a loss is awarded to that player. If this is the case, the player who arrived should give proof of the other player agreeing to the time. If such evidence is not provided, the battle will be considered a draw.

What is Expected of You

If you choose to sign up for this league, you will be expected to attend certain times. The first of these is the Draft. This will be a group conversation where each player drafts which Pokemon they want on their team. The date will be announced when all the seats have been filled. Due to the nature of the league, it will take up a lot of time. There are 8 seats in this league, and for each player to play each other this will take at least 7 weeks. This means you will need to battle at least once per week for 7 weeks. To make it easier to organise a time where both you and your opponent are available, a flexible timetable is preferred. These times will be organised between you and your opponent.

Sign-up

Please fill out the following form and post it on this thread.

Code:
Showdown Name:
Timezone:
Team name:
Skype name:

If there are any questions, please feel free to PM me. I understand this might be quite hard to understand if you are unfamiliar with the UCL, and I may not be the best at explaining things. If I have tried to answer your question and you are still confused, I urge you to watch some battle videos from the UCL, if not just to be entertained.

Seats Left: 0
Seems like fun! Good luck, I'd join in but i don't care much for smogon rules.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
his seems very interesting alright im in!

Showdown Name: T-Rage
Timezone: GMT-07:00, Mountain Standard Time
Team Name: Arizona Aggrons
Skype Name: TyrantrumRage

Let's do Dis!
(Oct 11, 2015, 02:22 PM)Shachi Wrote: Seems like fun! Good luck, I'd join in but i don't care much for smogon rules.

Thanks, I would have done a VGC/BSD version but it just doesn't seem like it would work considering some Pokemon are just a lot better than others, making people lucky enough to have first pick to be a lot better off.

(Oct 11, 2015, 02:23 PM)TyrantrumRage Wrote: his seems very interesting alright im in!

Showdown Name: TyrantrumRage
Timezone: GMT-07:00, Mountain Standard Time
Team Name: Arizona Aggrons
Skype Name: TyrantrumRage

Let's do Dis!

Added to the League!
(Oct 11, 2015, 02:59 PM)RebornFX Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2015, 02:22 PM)Shachi Wrote: Seems like fun! Good luck, I'd join in but i don't care much for smogon rules.

Thanks, I would have done a VGC/BSD version but it just doesn't seem like it would work considering some Pokemon are just a lot better than others, making people lucky enough to have first pick to be a lot better off.

Not just that, i don't mind the tiers it's all their stupid things like sleep cluse, baton pass clause and stuff that buggs me :P
It's like a 12 year old screaming unfair with out thinking up a way around it.

The tier system i agree with 100%, Aegislash is better then like.. poliwrath, even tho they are both third stage evolutions.

If you ever put up another league I'm in 100% just PM me to notify me Smile
Btw, Reborn, if you pick gardevoir and win i will love you! she is so cool.

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
looks fun
Showdown name: 4000s
Timezone: Pacific Timezone UTC-08:00
Team Name: California Camerupts
Skype Name: sss4000ss
(Oct 11, 2015, 03:11 PM)Shachi Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2015, 02:59 PM)RebornFX Wrote:

Not just that, i don't mind the tiers it's all their stupid things like sleep cluse, baton pass clause and stuff that buggs me :P
It's like a 12 year old screaming unfair with out thinking up a way around it.

The tier system i agree with 100%, Aegislash is better then like.. poliwrath, even tho they are both third stage evolutions.

If you ever put up another league I'm in 100% just PM me to notify me Smile
Btw, Reborn, if you pick gardevoir and win i will love you! she is so cool.

Haha it might happen, let's hope nobody snipes her first Smile
And I don't want to make this a big argument, because Smogon players will defend their rules like its their baby. I'll just say things like evasion clause I agree with but baton pass clause not so much. I'm iffy on sleep clause, I think in singles sleep can be a lot more infuriating as there are fewer ways to play around it if your team doesn't have a grass type.

Edit:
(Oct 11, 2015, 03:22 PM)ChJb2332 Wrote: looks fun
Showdown name: 4000s
Timezone: Pacific Timezone UTC-08:00
Team Name: California Camerupts
Skype Name: sss4000ss

Added to the League!
hey how many more spots do we need to fill
Safety googles eliminates sleep, do people use it? OFC not when it's easier to complain about it ^^
Also glad people are signing up, i hope you save the battles so i can spectate them when you're all done Smile

(Oct 11, 2015, 03:28 PM)ChJb2332 Wrote: hey how many more spots do we need to fill

5 to go, and I believe I have 1 more person who is interested.