Poll: Which starter will you choose?
Rowlet
Popplio
Litten
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SPOILER] Pokemon Sun (And Moon) Novelization
Star 
This was an idea that popped into my head for a little fun to have and test my imaginative capabilities in terms of writing to blow off time when I have it. By the title you get the point of it, it'll be going through eyes of the trainer from Alola - you!

I'll try to keep chapters simple and sweet, but I can't really start without getting feedback in terms of the Starter Pokemon, and I hope you all enjoy it! I'll try to throw in different references from all the games and do my best not to write horrible battles. I'll throw in Author Notes at the beginning and end of each chapter, with my replies to feedback being separate from actual chapters, and try to do it weekly if time permits, due to a lot of thought process going into hopeful character development from the main trainer, who is 'mute' somewhat, and conveying bonding between trainer and Pokemon to the best of my ability without altering canon too much.

That said, some characters will be introduced earlier then canon, such as Gladion possibly being brought in earlier, or Looker. So, hopefully I don't mess that up...?

Here's a quick prologue for you all to enjoy.. I hope..?

Pokemon Sun belongs to Nintendo and GameFreak, and all that stuff!

Pokemon Sun - Prologue : Alola!

A soft sigh exits you, a turned on computer screen before you. A tropical background on it, a nearby beach with various umbrellas and palm trees. Your smile is reflected on the screen, along with dark grey eyes, and black hair that reached down to the sides of your pale white neck, along with your white shirt that had blue stripes down it, and black shorts with red highlights. These surroundings, unlike that of the small town of Pallet, would soon become common due to your move to the Alola Region, a tropical paradise! Excitement would be a total lie! You were excited to see what Alola was like personally, if anything but a little bit nervous, but who wouldn't be when moving to new surroundings?

Studying Alola became a hobby the past week, looking up what was common, different local hot spots to visit in certain towns, or certain organizations. You glance down at the Alola Guidebook - courtesy of Mom - that was opened to a random page, depicting something called the... 'Aether Foundation.'

"Huh?" You're snapped out of any thoughts that rushed through you due to a notification from your computer - a text box opening up to add to the alert, you weren't expecting anything to be sent to you, not till after the move, anyway.

'You have received a message from Alola's own Professor Kukui!'

Curiously, you place your hands on the mouse before you, moving it to the messaging app, and click it, introducing a new pop-up window and a camera feed to begin, revealing a middle aged man with a tanned skin tone, wearing a white hat with a large yellow circle in the middle, with arches of different colors atop it. He had green highlighted tinted glasses, with brown eyes, along with a noticeable goatee, and sharp facial features. The other thing noted about him instantly is how he seemed to be wearing a lab coat, but nothing underneath, to reveal his tanned chest.

"Hang on, gimme a sec..." Kukui says, adjusting the camera so its even. Behind him seemed to be a lab, with the camera only giving a little detailing about it, but sunlight fluttered down from a skylight, while in Kanto it was nearing on night. Upon adjusting it, Kukui waved at the camera with a smile. "Hey there, good afternoon!" he greeted. You smile, his tone seemed to carry an energetic personality with it, laced with kindness, despite talking through a computer, he seemed to be with you at this moment. "Hey!" You greet with a cheesy smile, something he seems to appreciate. "So the day has finally come that you're going to move to Alola!" he exclaimed, holding out his hand to allow a high definition map of the Alola region to pop up.

Four different islands, with a man-made structure in the middle, appeared. Each island different in size and people, a vast ocean surrounding it. "Alola is made up of several different islands." he explained the obvious, but you found yourself listening intently. "That could be the reason its choked full with nothin' but rare Pokemon, yeah!" he laughed. You found yourself grinning at the prospect laid upon you, despite never have laid a hand on a Pokemon of your own before. You reply with a chuckle and nod. The picture disappeared, and Kukui pulled up a red and white sphere, a black line dividing the middle, a white button dead and center, "There's no shortage of cool Pokemon out here in Alola, either!" he informs. 'Wonder what's inside...' You thought, it could of been anything out of over seven hundred total discovered Pokemon... "Such mysterious creatures..." he comments, tossing the sphere up into the air, where it exploded in a white light.

"Arf! Arf!" the Pokemon cried, falling into Kukui's arms. It was a tanned furred dog, with a cream white coat around its neck, rocks littering it, along with a pair of blue eyes and a cream white tail. "You can find 'em all over. In the grass, in the caves, in the sky and sea..." Kukui drifted off as Rockruff, the Puppy Pokemon, cutely roamed around its trainer, his gaze and body following and adjusting to the Pokemon. "Here in Alola, we love our Pokemon, and depend on them heaps too! Some of us battle with 'em, if we call ourselves Pokemon trainers!" Kukui laughed, Rockruff getting into his face.

You weren't foreign to the concept of being a trainer, its something you've always wanted to do since you were little, adventuring around, creating bonds with your Pokemon... All of it! Alola could be that chance... "Rockruff! Can you wait until I'm done talkin' to play!?" Kukui shouts, snapping you out of your thoughts, though they still ran in deeper parts of your mind. Nodding, Rockruff retreats to an area off screen, allowing Kukui to return to the matter at hand, "Alright, I gotta ask some questions about yourself so I can introduce you to everybody!" Kukui informed, in reply a text box opened next to the feed, which your cursor immediately went to, "So which photo do you want me to use for your trainer passport?" he inquires.

"This one, please." You reply, opening up a file and sending it to him, the latest picture you've ever taken of yourself. Kukui nods an affirmative before continuing, "Alright then! And your name?" he asks kindly. Nodding, you opening up a text box and type out, '(Y/N) Sol' quickly, hitting enter, once again getting Kukui's nod. "10-4 good buddy! I'll let everyone know that you're on your way!" Kukui informs. "Thanks, Professor!" You reply, waving back to Kukui, who crosses his arms, Rockruff returning to his side, but accompanied by a new Pokemon. It was a bird Pokemon that was black and red feathered, with a white underbelly, and a long dark grey beak that turned black near the end, aqua blue eyes that matched Rockruff's flew around on camera occasionally, Pikipek - the Woodpecker Pokemon.

"(Y/N)!" Kukui shouts, nodding to himself, "Yeah! That's a name that hits you like a Thunderbolt out of the sky! Woo!" he exclaims, grinning wildly. "Thanks...?" You're unsure how to reply, but you do your best to do it kindly. "Can't wait to see you in person then, cousin!" Kukui nodded, the grin still present. "Alola!" he waved, in which you did so to return the farewell, exiting out of the message. "(Y/N)! Can you come help me with these boxes!?" Mom shouts, resulting in you to turn your head to your door, "Yeah! I'm coming!" You reply in a shout before standing up, "Alola... Here I come..." You mutter under your breath, exiting your room.

______

Alarms blared across the 'secret' labs of the Aether Foundation, along with panting mixed with shoes meeting the stark white clean floor of a certain blonde haired, green eyed, twelve year old. 'Come on...' she thought, holding a large grey bag with a Poke Ball inscribed on the front, partially unzipped as she made a mad dash to the triangular elevator of the Foundation. Her attire was mainly white with short sleeves, with a pale white complexion and a skirt that was a cleaner white near the bottom, with white shoes and socks that went up a little longer then others.

Running into range, the elevator's railings popped up instantly, and the elevator moved upwards allowing Lillie to share a sigh of pure relief, she had made it in time before they deactivated them. Arriving at the next floor, she found herself in a area with various environments for different Pokemon of any type, even man-made mountains. The pathway to roam around was white and golden highlighted, with railings to prevent someone from falling in.

Inside her bag, a pair of yellow eyes blinked, blue glowing cheeks visibly in the darkness of the bag while she looked down a path, before moving down it slowly and cautiously...

"There!" an Aether Foundation member shouted, garbed in a mainly white attire, complete with a hat. Oddly, the second one before him looked exactly the same, but that was something that could be laughed about later. Lillie gasped and made a mad dash to flee, 'I can't let them catch me! For Nebby's sake!' Lillie determinedly thought, "Stop, thief!" one of her pursuers shouted, "Give up now and Lusamine will go easy on you!" The name used made Lillie cringe, the reason all of this was going on....

Lillie turned a corner, "I can get out of here..." she muttered through pants, but her eyes widened at the sight of a third Foundation member, standing with his arms outstretched, "Gotcha!" he grinned ear to ear impishly. Glancing back quickly, she found the other two standing behind her. "Now, just give us what you stole back..." The first said, approaching, his partner following. "N-no!" Lillie stuttered in fear, "What you're all doing is wrong!" she shouted aloud. "Ppppeeeewww...." the creature hidden within the bag hummed, shutting its eyes intently while its focused.

"What...?" Lillie muttered in confusion, glancing to her bag, where a strange energy was pouring outward in a mixture of blue and white.

"Ppppppeeeewwww...." the creature's humming only grew louder, only focusing and nothing else.

'Is... is this Nebby's power?' Lillie wasn't sure, but the energy began to orbit her akin to a planet orbiting a sun, glowing brighter and brighter, before the energy flew towards Lillie, engulfing her to the point of a sphere that lifted upward to the bright and glowing sun, before snuffing out, no traces left behind.

"...We're so fired..."

You saved your game!

That's that! Thanks for reading (if you did.) and hopefully you liked it!

Remember to choose the starter!
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Thanks for reminding us again the most boring first 30 min of gameplay ever made in a Pokemon game.

writing skills 11/10
(Dec 17, 2016, 04:19 AM)GiMYz Wrote: Thanks for reminding us again the most boring first 30 min of gameplay ever made in a Pokemon game.

writing skills 11/10
Don't worry, I'll remind you how much you love Lillie.
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Pewpew! Awesome, would love to see more! :D
#LillieDefenseSquad