Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] Garchomp Summary and Discussion
This is a really good idea! It's like a mix of Serebii and Smogon with room for discussion. Maybe for the the z-move section you could state wether they can be special or physical.
Looking forward to more of these!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Looking for bidoof spotlight
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
(May 22, 2017, 03:46 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: Personally, and no offense to anyone, but Garchomp needs some help against Ice types. Maybe it's just the fact that a almost max EV Ice Beam from my Porygon2 is a pretty much guaranteed OHKO (In all my fights, only one Garchomp has survived it), but it's weakness really kills it.

Just because a pokemon has a 4x weakness doesnt make it bad. Garchomp has a 4x weakness to ice yet its still been on top of the metagame since its release in gen 4 whether it be singles or VGC. Many pokemon have a 4x weakness including what Elly mentioned.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I think it is easily countered nowadays, but I think Fairy-Type has played a huge role in that. Dragon/Ground used to be like one of the best coverage moves. Now its easily walled by some common fairy types.

But I think Garchomp is still a very good Pokemon its very tanky (despite the ice weakness) its very hard to 1 shot otherwise.

Just a little feedback. But perhaps you could mention or even include Mega Garchomp's stats and stuff as well or will there be a seperate thread for that?
(May 22, 2017, 04:38 PM)Skyla Wrote: I think it is easily countered nowadays, but I think Fairy-Type has played a huge role in that. Dragon/Ground used to be like one of the best coverage moves. Now its easily walled by some common fairy types.

But I think Garchomp is still a very good Pokemon its very tanky (despite the ice weakness) its very hard to 1 shot otherwise.

Just a little feedback. But perhaps you could mention or even include Mega Garchomp's stats and stuff as well or will there be a seperate thread for that?

Garchomp is better than its mega form and used more so I dont think there is a need for it. But what we are forgetting is that Garchomp isnt the only pokemon thats gonna be on the team and its not like its going against a Mono Ice team. What makes Garchomp so great is that its natural bulk helps so you can ev it to live certain hits from pokemon (Including Ice beam from Porygon 2)
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I agree its regular form is much better than its Mega Form. The loss in speed is really signifcant. I just thought it was worth mentioning that it does have a mega form :o

I don't think its a bad Pokemon by any means. I mean since its release its been a very good Pokemon. I haven't really been keeping up that much in current OU but I assume it is still up there in usage.