Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] The Official Pokemon League Thread
[Image: Play!_Pok%C3%A9mon_logo.png]

As many of us know, The Pokemon Company runs a free program for those of us who want to share the love of Pokemon in our area. The Pokemon League program allows you to set up a hub for players to join up in a casual enviorment for practicing, trading, and all things Pokemon while also being provided with promo cards and other goodies to give out, along with the ability to host League Cups/Challanges and Premier Challanges, which make up the bulk of our TCG/VGC play outside bigger events like regionals.

I wanted to get a thread going where people who run leagues can discuss things as well as people who attened or those who are looking to find some in their area. Leagues are a big part of making this game grow and I wrote up on that much back in 2011 when I was still a TCG player. Give that a look. It really still resonates with me to this day. I've been running a League for a good amount of time now and it's very important to me. 

But enough drabble let's get to the resources for the new people.

What is an official Pokemon League?
Pokémon League is a fun and accessible way for Pokémon fans to get together with other fans and have some fun! League events are open to all TCG and VG players regardless of experience level or skill. Using your own cards and Pokémon video games, you can play, trade, and even earn cool prizes! The best part is that you can do all this with other Pokémon players who love collecting and playing just as much as you do.Pokémon League events are a great way to learn game basics and get the feel for Pokémon competitive play before beginning to compete in Pokémon tournaments. In fact, many Pokémon League locations also run Pokémon Championship Series competitions designed for Pokémon fans who are just getting started.All Pokémon League events are held in public locations, such as game stores, and are run by official League organizers.
CLICK HERE TO FIND A LEAGUE IN YOUR AREA

THINGS YOU WILL NEED

• Your own Pokemon cards or a copy of a current Pokemon 3DS game. (The newer the more likely someone will be able to play with you)
  • Go ahead and register an account and get a Player ID before hand HERE
  • Be ready to have fun and play on the spirit of the game!
If you are intrested in running your own League you can find out more about that HERE.
So that wraps up most the basics. But really guys, if you want to play Pokemon with other people there's no better way. Even if you've never done any TCG or VGC before so many people are always willing to help teach you and get you going. A lot of League Owners I know keep starter decks around just to give you an idea on TCG before you invest, or you can always try out TCG Online first. PLUS some of the things we get to give out are really cool. Along promo cards we've also gotten sets of badges, keychains, charms, stickers, ect. 

So who around here runs a League? I'm one of the lucky in the area to have mine in a card store, but a lot of the local ones are in places like Arby's (Like the one I went to before I started my own) and libraries, or even on collage campuses. Who attends Leagues? Have any cool stories?