Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] I need help with EV training!
Question 
I don't know if this is the right forum. I hope so. Anyways, while I am not really new into competitive Pokémon play, I am not really an expert either since I haven't done it for too long.

I tend to hatch or trade for Pokémon with high IV's for online use. And ever since X/Omega Ruby, I've been focusing on EV training via Super Training/Isle Evelup. Despite, I get terribly wiped out most of the time.
I should mention, I tend to focus on maxing the [Image: golduck.png] out of one or two stats, but I think I'm doing something wrong. I don't know how should I balance the EV's in order to make me Pokémon a bit stronger, especially when it comes to defense.
Any advice?
Creating good EVs spreads is the funnest part of the big game of teambuilding. It requires knowing a lot of competitive battling, and you need a lot of exp to master this practice. From the bases (HP first of Def and SpD, minimum amount of EVs to make one point in statistic depending on the level) to the hardest concepts (HP numbers, Speed creeps) there is a different game inside the one that everybody knows. Take it as sacred cow: a perfect spread doesn't exist, but to create a good one you have to be a good player. As generale rule, if you aren't a well prepared competitive player you should use spreads (and teams) built by more experienced ones.