Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Most Effecient Way Of Getting Dittos In Sun/Moon?
I know you can only find them on Mount Hokulani, but is it better to transfer them over from Pokemon Blue version and check the IV's there? I saw a livestream by Verlisify last night on him doing that stratedgy. Do you always have a guaranteed 3IV or more chance of Ditto's approaching? Just wondering. Smile
"You'll never regret something if you don't try it first." - Anonymous
I think your best bet is to try and catch lots of dittos for their natures and then claim a giveaway ditto with perfect IVs to breed perfect IVs on your pokemon. That's what I've been doing and it's worked pretty well...

Here's the link for the ditto giveaway: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-GIVEAWA...o-Giveaway
@zapdo531 but the ditto giveaways on here are illegal, so even if I breed my pokemon with that giveaway ditto then the offspring is illegal also. I'm thinking about going to pokemon tournaments in rl and I can't bring an illegally bred pokemon, I'll get disqualified lol.
"You'll never regret something if you don't try it first." - Anonymous
Delphox, here's a video to SOS chain 4 IV ditto, there's a method that the guy uses to increase his chance of getting 6 IV ditto, its pretty smart, give it a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4F0zRL...4606930431
From my understanding genned pokemon are illegal because of the fact that a hack program was used to spawn them. On the other hand, pokemon bred with it are spawned legitimately through in game mechanics unless they have moves or an ability that the mon can't get in game. Meaning offspring are legal because 1. Obtained in game through mechanics 2. No illegal move 3. No illegal ability.

Parents have no ties to the parent other than iv inheritance. So it boils down to your preference. If you're ok with doing it the fast and easy way (genned ditto) go for it, totally legal, just a bit controversial. Or you can grind dittos for the absolute legit way and get two 3-4iv dittos with complementary ivs and breed till your happy.

-Also I believe that all mons transfered from gen 1 virtuals are automatically 3iv
Additionally to actually answer the question lol, it would probably be a tie with the speed. Itll be faster to get more dittos in Gen 1 virtuals however since they are 3 guaranteed ivs the chances to get 2 complimentary dittos are a bit slimmer than the 4iv dittos by SoS chaining. The con to the chain is it takes a bit to get to 30 for the 4ivs.
I say catch one pokemon and call it wrap. Head to route 2 and catch a smeargle starting off with a mon only knowing false swipe. Encounter 3 more smeargle, teaching them the rest of the moves you'll be needing on this bad boy as follows:

Moveset 1- False Swipe, Soak, any attacking high pp move, and spore w/ leftovers My smeargle' Ev were 252 in Atk + HP and 4 in Spd

This moveset will allow you to put anything to sleep and also false swipe with soak changing whatever typing the mon your hunting for to water, allowing you to spore grass types and false swipe ghost'.
Get soak from- Goldeen, Psyduck
FS is a tm
High pp attack moves: Thundershock, Bullet Punch, Quick Attack
Spore- Paras, Shiinotic

Moveset 2- Recycle, Recover, any high attacking pp move, and false swipe w/ leppa berry
Recycle- Klefki, trubbish, mr mime/jr
Recover- Staryu, Kadabra, Porygon

Pretty much same as above but with better recovery so your not wasting your time, going in your bag to leppa or ether your mons move that ran out of pp or using potions because of recover, allowing you to hunt a lot more efficiently (I don't mind using items though)

There other means and mons to go about catching you a nice ditto but catching a Smeargle & giving it these movesets are your best hope for a decent ditto. (I caught a 4 iv shiny one using the first moveset Smeargle to catch it via SOS took me 3 days)