Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Need some help
i'm pretty new to online play pokemon and i'm getting pretty disappointed at it, the impression i'm having is that if i'm not playing top tier mons like the Tapus or the UB's i will get totally rekt no matter what. Is that by any means correct? Like, i do have some decent built pokemons that arent bad at all like Alola-Marowak, Salazzle, Dragonite but all i have online is *** whopping by UBs and stuff, maybe i'm having just a rough start and i'm by no means complaining, i'm just trying to understand if thats how the game really plays
@TooManyIcons In competitive Pokemon play there is a metagame. Metagame is basically the term used for the most common strategies and teams used on the ladder. Currently the Tapus and UBs have been taking over the metagame by a huge margin due to their stats, movepool, abilities and typing so expect to see them a lot. It doesn't necessarily mean that you can't use the Pokemon you want to, however, when teambuilding you have to take each Tapu and UB into consideration and how they affect your strategy. I'm not saying that you must counterplay the metagame but you need to understand the trends and develop teams that can survive and do well against the metagame in order to be successful on the ladder
[Insert signature here]
(Jan 14, 2017, 05:52 AM)Marcusube Wrote: @TooManyIcons In competitive Pokemon play there is a metagame. Metagame is basically the term used for the most common strategies and teams used on the ladder. Currently the Tapus and UBs have been taking over the metagame by a huge margin due to their stats, movepool, abilities and typing so expect to see them a lot. It doesn't necessarily mean that you can't use the Pokemon you want to, however, when teambuilding you have to take each Tapu and UB into consideration and how they affect your strategy. I'm not saying that you must counterplay the metagame but you need to understand the trends and develop teams that can survive and do well against the metagame in order to be successful on the ladder

So, maybe,as a person that is still learning how to play, maybe i should just stick with the strong pokemon like the UB and the Tapus?