I'm Wrong and I've wasted your Time
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] The Games Coming After Sun and Moon
Pokemon Theory- The Games after Sun and Moon
WARNING THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR SUN AND MOON AND FUTURE POKEMON GAMES YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Okay now that’s out of the way here our my top four ideas for what the next game will be
( This was made before the release of Sun and Moon so most of this is just guessing)

Number 4 Gen Eight or a New region in Gen 7
[Image: pokemon_plus_and_minus_fanmade_logos_by_...72ofuq.png]
Okay this is the theory I think has the least chance of being true but we didn’t Pokemon Gray or Z so with Game Freak anything is possible the only reason I think this may be a possibility is the line from the Strange Souvenir Npc

The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you…Ah, never mind. You’ll find out in due time.

From what we’ve current know about Sun and Moon there’s no League which means no Champion

Number 3 Gen Four Remake
[Image: latest?cb=20140528233047]
This is probably what a lot of people our hoping for but I don’t see it happening because I believe Game Freak is going to remake a different game for Gen 7 based on what I’ve seen. But it's been also ten years since we've been to Sinnoh so maybe

Number 2 Sun and Moon 2 or Pokemon Eclipse
[Image: pokemon_eclipse_logo_by_wittnebenbrian-d9tbaqj.png]
From them showing off that their current building the pokemon league in the last Sun and Moon trailer I believe Game freak is going to do what they did with Black and White make the next game a sequel not just slightly altered remake also these three pokemon make me think this
[Image: R9LMrH4.png]
[Image: cosmog.png]
[Image: tumblr_inline_of8dy2nXbg1so6dd5_400.png]

Number 1 Gen 1 remake with Kanto forms for Newer Pokemon
[Image: if_game_freak_made_more_gen_1_remakes_by...8p9uxs.png]
I think that this is the most likely option think about out of all the megas 15 out of 48 our from gen 1. Every Alola Form revealed has also been gen 1. Only main series games that got re-releases Gen 1. Only gen of Pokemon in Pokemon GO gen 1 which they claimed would connect with the 7th gen games. Last and Final point last new Gen 1 game was made 12 years ago so it's been longer since we've had a new Kanto game than any other Region

Thanks for reading this is just something I wanted to do because it’s been knocking around in my head for the last couple of days
Disclaimer none of this art is mine found on google
Sounds pretty reasonable to me. I mean GameFreak may contain some surprises so let's find out what the future holds.
with the new trailer out about the final starters and the champions and red and blue all coming together. and another trailer possibly hinting torwards kanto in gen 7. and with all the hate on black 2 and white 2, i think our only option is gen 4 remakes. we got omega ruby 2 years ago so after sun and moon the wait will continue. remakes will go on forever. just sitting here waiting till the year 2032 with pokemon sun and moon remakes XD
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
Am I the only one who thinks gen 4 was bad.
and that black 2 and white 2 are some of the best pokemon games!
don't know if the photoshop work is yours for the boxes, but next pokemon games will likely be on Switch, and not 3DS :P

I doubt next games would be gen 1 remakes, we already had those, even if they are old already, but with gen 1 references in Sun/Moon, it could be like an overdose at some point.

if we follow the logic, it would be Diamond/Pearl remakes. I don't think Sun 2 / Moon 2 would work, Gamefreak has to proove they still have ideas. If they make a sequel, I think it would be a "3rd game" type, like Yelllow,Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, but the last one is from gen 4, so they might have changed their strategy, maybe to focus on remakes, so that lead so the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

but heh, who knows
Don't Game Freak tend to be a little late on the consoles? I mean, they launched B/W2 for Nintendo DS when 3DS was already selling, if I remember correctly. Maybe the next gen will still be 3DS to appeal to more people. Or it will be so far from now that they will do it for Switch and all that I've said has no consistency at all because let's face it, I am not that good at predicting lol.

Still, I agree that the logic move would be doing a third game more than a remake to focus themselves in the next jump forward for Switch. I'm positive 8th Gen will be different to 7th just like 6th was to 5th. 6th and 7th are steps forward, not "jumps", so I see it that way. Does all that make any sense?
(Oct 29, 2016, 06:53 AM)Hernansanz Wrote: Don't Game Freak tend to be a little late on the consoles? I mean, they launched B/W2 for Nintendo DS when 3DS was already selling, if I remember correctly. Maybe the next gen will still be 3DS to appeal to more people. Or it will be so far from now that they will do it for Switch and all that I've said has no consistency at all because let's face it, I am not that good at predicting lol.

Still, I agree that the logic move would be doing a third game more than a remake to focus themselves in the next jump forward for Switch. I'm positive 8th Gen will be different to 7th just like 6th was to 5th. 6th and 7th are steps forward, not "jumps", so I see it that way. Does all that make any sense?

well one important thing from Sun/Moon trailer

Cynthia is in the game, so they made her in 3D

would that lead to Diamond/Pearl remakes? could be

as for 3DS or Switch, I think it has been "announced" that next Gamefreak's Pokemon game will be on the Switch, will it be from the main series or not, we do not know
I hope and think, the most likely remake or next games, would be the 4 Gen.
We already had the gen 1, 2 and 3 remakes in the last generations. So it should be gen 4. If not, lets have Gamefreak surprise us like they did in the last trailer.
TCPi has said that they are work on Pokemon games for the Switch, however we don't have direct confirmation yet. Honestly would like to rule out a Kanto Re-remake of the games as we got the VC versions of Pokemon RBGY this year. Chances are we'll get another sequel game for Sun/Moon, however with a far different story sorta similar to BW2. Remakes of DP might be a bit too predictable though I feel they'll eventually come around 2019 or so.