Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] How Can Shiny Legendaries Exist?
I know that not all legendaries are unique or one of a kind, but there are a few that are. If that's so, how can there be a shiny version of one of the unique legendaries if there is only one of them per universe.

Since the game operates around the multiverse theory (as proven in OR/AS), could it just be that when you encounter a shiny legendary that you are in a universe where that specific legendary is in it's shiny form? This would also conveniently explain variations in IVs and Natures for said unique legendaries...

inb4 "It's game mechanics!"
Just because it's game mechanics doesn't mean it lacks an explanation, especially when considering this series always has a clever way of explaining many things (in other words, it has a let of retcons).

Anyway, what do you guys think?  Huh
I bet it is indeed the multi-verse theory. That is a good question actually.
Since Hoopa's ring can enter anywhere and any dimension,
you are probably right about entering that dimension there and then.
I didn't know what that gold ring with purple haze air was in ORAS until i saw the movie Hoopa or heard of Hoopa.
In the movie Hoopa, he summoned Shiny Rayquaza.
Maybe there aren't only one of each for most legendary pokemon, in the pokemon anime you see the regular suicune, entei, raikou and in another episode shiny suicune, entei, raikou. In the games, although you might only be able to capture one legendary pokemon of each, there might be more 'inaccessbile' ones ygm
(Aug 7, 2016, 05:55 PM)thatgr Wrote: Maybe there aren't only one of each for most legendary pokemon, in the pokemon anime you see the regular suicune, entei, raikou and in another episode shiny suicune, entei, raikou. In the games, although you might only be able to capture one legendary pokemon of each, there might be more 'inaccessbile' ones ygm
Well, first we must acknowledge that anime and games are seperate canons. I agree with you that MOST legendaries aren't unique, but some have lore that implies that they are one of a kind (yet somehow they too can be shiny).  Undecided
Even for a big head like mine, this is too much to take in lol