Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona (also other SMT related franchises)
Wink 
So, I'm really big into the (Shin) Megami Tensei series, but I'm kinda new to Persona. I've recently started Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Anyone else a fan of the SMT general series, as I have recently finished SMT Noctunre, I'm all fired up for anything in relation to it. Which games do you guys like, and what are you looking forward to? (I'm looking forward to Persona 5)  :D  
Persona Q HYPE

Trying to get through Persona 4 before Q comes out
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
I'm playing SMT4 and Persona 4 Golden. I've tried playing Persona 3 before but my save data was erased and so I'm thinking of just getting P3FES and playing through that before Persona 5 comes out. Persona 4 Dancing All Night looks kind of fun and I'm not sure on whether I'll be playing Persona Q.

So far I love Persona 4 Golden the best because of the characters and their voice actors. Anytime Yuri Lowenthall voices one of the main characters I know I'm going to have fun.
I'm kind of a newer fan into the SMT series, I've been into persona for awhile though. When I say persona I mean FES and 4 lol. I've heard everything before 3 is terrible, although I've never actually played them myself. I've been getting into the regular series, I'm in the middle of a nocturne and digital devil saga playthrough, as well as a SMT IV playthrough. I can't believe I never got into the games before this, they make Final Fantasy look like baby games with the difficulty and the mature stories.
Don't know where you heard why the Persona 2 Duology and Persona 1 are terrible, but I think that the Persona 2 Duology has the best story out of all the Persona games IMO. My favorite game in the mainline SMT series is definitely Nocturne however.
Like I said I've never played Persona 1 or 2, just heard about them. Do you recommend them? I may try them out via emulator or something lol. and yeah, I just beat SMT IV yesterday and got the chaos ending, I'm focusing on Nocturne now then I'll play Digital Devil Saga
(Nov 18, 2014, 06:36 AM)theanimal189 Wrote: Like I said I've never played Persona 1 or 2, just heard about them. Do you recommend them? I may try them out via emulator or something lol. and yeah, I just beat SMT IV yesterday and got the chaos ending, I'm focusing on Nocturne now then I'll play Digital Devil Saga

OK, about this... I cannot recommend Persona 1 as I have not played it, but I can definitely recommend the Persona 2 Duology, like I said it has IMO the most interesting and deepest story in the entire sub series, although sometimes the combat can be slightly odd in the first game if you aren't playing the PSP remake, I've only played the Fan Translation of the first game in the Duology and the second game, however... whether or not you're playing on PSP, it has overall improvements to that system. The second game in the Duology is the only with an official release outside of Japan on the PS1 at least. Both game in the Duology are available for PSP however... the second game is digital only. Sorry for the long post.  :P
(Nov 18, 2014, 01:28 PM)zenophobia Wrote:
(Nov 18, 2014, 06:36 AM)theanimal189 Wrote: Like I said I've never played Persona 1 or 2, just heard about them. Do you recommend them? I may try them out via emulator or something lol. and yeah, I just beat SMT IV yesterday and got the chaos ending, I'm focusing on Nocturne now then I'll play Digital Devil Saga

OK, about this... I cannot recommend Persona 1 as I have not played it, but I can definitely recommend the Persona 2 Duology, like I said it has IMO the most interesting and deepest story in the entire sub series, although sometimes the combat can be slightly odd in the first game if you aren't playing the PSP remake, I've only played the Fan Translation of the first game in the Duology and the second game, however... whether or not you're playing on PSP, it has overall improvements to that system. The second game in the Duology is the only with an official release outside of Japan on the PS1 at least. Both game in the Duology are available for PSP however... the second game is digital only. Sorry for the long post.  :P

Okay, so I guess i'll skip 1 for now. 2 is on psp? I didn't know that lol. Are both parts available on the playstation store? I might have to atleast try out innocent sin (it's the first part, then eternal punishment is the second correct?)

Another question, I haven't really been following Q that much, although I do know that it's supposed to be like Etrian Oddesy but in the persona universe. Is this one to look out for since it releases like, next week?
So I picked up persona q and man, it's pretty tough. Its very fun though, so I definitely recommend it
Persona 4 Golden is my favorite RPG and game ever! It just had such a great atmosphere with all the characters and the fantastic music. Will probably replay it in a few years but last summer has been amazing because of this game <3