Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What was your first shiny?
I have tried chain fishing a couple times, but I honestly don't care enough about any pokemon you fish for to really devote time to it. Even though radar chaining and the masuda method are slower, I like the potential results better.
(May 3, 2016, 09:23 PM)Davizz Wrote: Try chain fishing and make sure you have a Pokemon with the ability suction cups. My first shiny was a Feebas I caught while chain fishing, it appeared after 18 tries!
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
First shiny was in soul silver random encounter Shiny nidoking and in platinum I ran away from a random encounter Shiny machop I didn't know about shinies at the time
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
Mine was a shiny luvdisk in pokemon Y (it's so cute!) I named it lumi :D
I don't remember what my first shiny was, but I do know that my first legitimate shiny was a Luvdisc that I caught by accidentally chain fishing in a 100% bite spot. I threw a quick ball and, to make the odds even cooler, got a critical capture with only a 0.5x multiplier

EDIT: @DeepSeaKeo ayy lmao we twins (only mine was OR)
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
First shiny was a Rattata in SoulSilver I caught ages ago. Alicia's made it all the way to my Pokémon Bank. .3.
My first shiny was my Mareep that I found in a horde battle while EV training in XY :P
I had to end my original post, because I am now the owner of a legitamately obtained Shiny Rapidash!
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Oh wow, interesting question, um.. Oh man it's been a while. Back when I was a young scrub and had no idea what a shiny was, I accidentally nuked a shiny in the Bug Catching Contest in Pokemon Silver. I can't remember exactly what pokemon it was. Think it might've been a Caterpie. I only figured out what a shiny was sometime afterwards, I was so upset when I realized. XD (You knew better than I did @Aqwell hahahah.)

As for the first one I ever actually obtained.. I'm not sure, it might've been the Red Gyarados from Silver, but that one wouldn't really count since it was part of an event.

I don't think I've ever legitimately gotten one on my own via wild pokemon or breeding but I hope to change that soon. I have my shiny charm and oval charm, and unlike my previous tentative attempts at breeding, I'm getting serious about it now. #ShinyCharmFTW! Currently working towards a Moon Ball Gastly, with a competitive moveset for Gengar. :D

Congratulations on your shiny Rapidash, @devilmoth! Shiny Rapidash looks awesome. :D

Edit: *Weeps* Well, I was grinding levels for my Gastly in Sky Pillar.. And I totally tripped over a Shiny Sableye, totally in the wild. (Well sort of. I randomly decided to sneak up on a DexNav pokemon.) Problem is, I couldn't catch it when it was at full health (even though I tried), and a simple Peck made it drop dead. I really did try to hit it with my weakest attack. ; ; RIP Sableye, rofl. Talk about timing!
-----
My Pkmn X Friend Safari - Fire
#1: Growlithe + #2: Larvesta + #3: Braixen
If you don't want your safari info posted, please let me know!
@DeepSeaKeo what are the odds? I caught a shiny Luvdisc in Y too! Except I named mine Gumdrop
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
My first shiny was a totally random encounter in Diamond I think.
I was trying to chain Nincada in Eterna Forest and failed, was about to leave and a shiny male Buneary appeared.
I nicknamed it Cotoncandy (sic)... and boxed it forever.

(May 8, 2016, 11:14 PM)Lythania Wrote: Edit: *Weeps* Well, I was grinding levels for my Gastly in Sky Pillar.. And I totally tripped over a Shiny Sableye, totally in the wild. (Well sort of. I randomly decided to sneak up on a DexNav pokemon.) Problem is, I couldn't catch it when it was at full health (even though I tried), and a simple Peck made it drop dead. I really did try to hit it with my weakest attack. ; ; RIP Sableye, rofl. Talk about timing!

I feel for you.