Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Should I be catching multiple Pokémon for trading?
Smile 
I haven't beaten Pokemon ORAS and I just started Pokémon Y. Should I catch doubles of each Pokémon so that I can trade them at some point? If so how many "extras" do you guys recommend catching? Thanks  :-)
Maybe if u want to breed in the early-game or if u find something rare. Prob better to wait till friend safari so u can catch extras with hidden abilities or just shiny pokes in general.
catch loads of doubles and wiunder trade them
Hm to be honest, I think instead of catching everything, prioritize on getting HA and Shiny Pokemon. Unless you're Wonder trading and hence, wouldn't matter.
One per shiny is good enough (cause it's such a demanding task), breed several HA and you're good to go!  :D
Thanks guys. :-)
(Aug 27, 2016, 06:51 AM)Upright Wrote: I haven't beaten Pokemon ORAS and I just started Pokémon Y. Should I catch doubles of each Pokémon so that I can trade them at some point? If so how many "extras" do you guys recommend catching? Thanks  :-)

What is your point of trading?  Are wanting good pokemon to fill dex?  Then I'd say wait till you get into the game and have some money.  Then you can afford the extra balls to catch them.  People (including me) like quick balls to catch things on the first turn (not guaranteed though).  There are also repeat balls for catching things you already caught before.    Net balls for catching bugs/fish.  Dusk balls for nighttime catches or in caves.  Nest balls for lower level pokemon which is another good reason to get your party high.

If you want to breed for shinys, GTS or wonder trade might be best to something from another country.
Whenever I do a first run of a game, I just catch extra Eevees for obvious reasons and those that I know have different paths of evolution (Poliwag, for instance). When I trade, I mostly send pokes I don't want or the ones I just catch to fill dex. I usually get my extras when I'm breeding, and the ones I don't want I just wonder trade them. 

So I don't see the point of catching extras, at least in the first run  Undecided