Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Soft and hard resetting for a shiny starter!!
Hello all!

Let's get right to it !!

so as you all may or may not know SR for a starter in gen 6th (ORAS is the game im playing the odds on) yields a 1/4096 probability which is troublesome to say the least some people have incredible odds and get it within 1k SR or even less!!( lucky ducks) others who aren't so lucky have to grind their way to a pain staking 20 - 30 k SR for success 

here is what I'm hoping to discuss 
Hard reseting = clearing save file starting game from scratch with new Trainer ID (and respectively a new Shiny ID value)  

given these facts  (plz correct me if im mistaken/wrong with my understanding) after 1k SR do you think it's better to Hard Reset your trainer ID attempt another 1k SR's or would you rather continue with your respective trainer ID Shiny value so on and so forth 

just something I was contemplating while SR on ORAS for a shiny starter

I finally scored torchic at 33k SR !!! 

Another thought while SR when I got to 10k I attempted 100 SRs a piece for both treecko and mudkip hoping changing my method would yield better results with no success I couldn't help but think I SR over a shiny torchic in the process do other people have similar experiences while SR?? 

as always may the shiny odds be ever in your favor ??
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
I've never tried, but I don't think I have the patience to do the shiny starter thing, since there's too much leading up to receiving the starter. Although, I love how easy they made it to SR for shiny legendary pokemon.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Hard resetting refers to turning off the 3DS and turning it back on, opposed to soft resetting where you reset your game back to the start screen.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
I was able to get two totodiles in HG/SS in 132 and 1366 SRs, but I did get that feeling of SRing over other shinies when SRing in games like diamond/pearl/platinum. I probably won't SR for starters in other games besides HG/SS and just MM for the starters, but I WILL be SRing in Sun to get a shiny rowlet, hopefully by the time I get it all the shiny pros will know if you can SR for the tapus/UBs/legendaries :D

I wouldn't change my Trainer ID by restarting my game file, seems a little silly, especially if you're going for multiple shinies in that game (and just an even longer time waster)!
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
a spoiler for sun and moon if youre planning to sr for a starter

ive seen some friends with a rom just to find out how long the starter "cutscene" is, and it seems sort of long, but about half way through it looks like it shows you the pokemons model as though you just caught it when you nickname it, instead of just asking if you want to nickname your pokemon. but i have had no experience with it myself and the pokemon you see could always be nonshiny by default
(Nov 10, 2016, 04:22 PM)Justin Wrote: I've never tried, but I don't think I have the patience to do the shiny starter thing, since there's too much leading up to receiving the starter. Although, I love how easy they made it to SR for shiny legendary pokemon.

COmpletly agree I'll never SR for a starter in X and Y because of how long it takes for each SR i think it's like 4-5 minutes 
and SR for legends in ORAS is perfection ?

And as always 

May the shiny odds be ever in your favor  Cool
(Nov 10, 2016, 04:35 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: Hard resetting refers to turning off the 3DS and turning it back on, opposed to soft resetting where you reset your game back to the start screen.

Ahhhhh yes I felt my terminology was a bit off 

Thanks for the friendly reminder  :D ?

And as always 
may the shiny odds be ever in your favor  Cool
(Nov 10, 2016, 05:50 PM)Confide Wrote: I was able to get two totodiles in HG/SS in 132 and 1366 SRs, but I did get that feeling of SRing over other shinies when SRing in games like diamond/pearl/platinum. I probably won't SR for starters in other games besides HG/SS and just MM for the starters, but I WILL be SRing in Sun to get a shiny rowlet, hopefully by the time I get it all the shiny pros will know if you can SR for the tapus/UBs/legendaries :D

I wouldn't change my Trainer ID by restarting my game file, seems a little silly, especially if you're going for multiple shinies in that game (and just an even longer time waster)!

SR for starters in HG/SS is hands down the most convenient way to SR for starter really wish they would have continued with shiny sprites upon looking at selection screen and shiny sprites in general

i digress  

glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking I'm SRing over other shiniy starters it's very validating !

Im also hoping to SR for a shiny Rowlet! but I'm going to wait to see how long the sequence takes before I embark on that endeavor 

I had the same thought process when thinking about restarting save file because in the end just take more time  

I appreciate your honest feedback it means a lot 
cheers m8!

and as always 
may the shiny odds be ever in your favor  Cool ?
(Nov 10, 2016, 07:41 PM)KenPhoenixx Wrote: a spoiler for sun and moon if youre planning to sr for a starter

ive seen some friends with a rom just to find out how long the starter "cutscene" is, and it seems sort of long, but about half way through it looks like it shows you the pokemons model as though you just caught it when you nickname it, instead of just asking if you want to nickname your pokemon. but i have had no experience with it myself and the pokemon you see could always be nonshiny by default

Unfortunately I think you're correct

Im going to wait to see myself how long it takes to SR for starters in new generation before I embark on that endeavor Im more interested  in playing the next gen before I have to do an obscene amount of SR for a starter 

as always 
may the shiny odds be ever in your favor  Cool