Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon Genders
I'd like to know what some other people think.
Is it weird that I like certain pokemon to be a certain gender? For example if I'm training a Garevoir, it MUST be female, or it feels weird to me.
How many of you guys do this, and if you do, what pokemon does it apply to?
If it's male it's a gallade, not anything strange about it.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
maybe kirlia as a guy
or the fenniken-delphox line
Genders do not play an important role to me for certain pokemon except for like Machoke which I find to be strange for a girl. Also I like male ralts from the fact I can turn it into a Gallade #Galladefan
#metoo KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD KappaHD
When I was a kid I wanted every pokemon I caught to be female, though some felt weird. It didn't matter though, it HAD to be female. I have no idea why, maybe because girl power? (I suppose I was still on a Spice Girls high) Who knows. Like I said in another thread, I almost ran away from my first shiny because of this (and because purple spheal is so cute), thank god I caught it anyway
Ooh, I totally needed my first Charmander Professor Oak gave me to be a girl, or I would off my game boy to restart the entire game as much times as I needed to get a girl Charmander =w= (maybe it's because for my first game, the charmander I was given was a girl - and it's like a resemblance to my old charmander!)
Probably the slowest Kalos trainer ever: Over 150 hours & still at Coumarine City.
Check out our egg giveaway - The Egg Collaborations

Do not PM me for now - inbox full!
Yes!! I have memories sitting there for hours after buying the game hard resetting for a female starter xD even now part of me is prepared to do that since I did it for ever single game up to newer titles. i sit there thinking "No Jen, you don't have to do this anymore silly" At least now I can breed for egg moves whenever I want :P and lucky you, getting a female on your first ever go, that's special Smile
Haha xD I know right!! Getting a female starter is sooooo hard (I realized after completing my first game :P ) and I'm counting my blessings for it! Yeah I get you, somehow part of me still is silently crossing fingers for a female starter every time I play a new version of Pokemon, and I'm guilty for that, hehe!
Probably the slowest Kalos trainer ever: Over 150 hours & still at Coumarine City.
Check out our egg giveaway - The Egg Collaborations

Do not PM me for now - inbox full!
Extremely guilty of this I would even pass on a perfect IV pokemon if i don't have the right gender.
Charmander should be male for me to name it Sabo
Milotic should be female
Ninetales should be female
Infernape should be male
I agree on the Gardevoir/Gallade/Kirlia and Machop/ke/amp
Mr. Mime should be male I know it doesn't have the mr. in japanese name but still
My pyroar should be male to be Simba
Jynx should be female
There's a lot more. basically my criteria is the nickname that i will give them.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?