Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Spamming attacks
So I think we definetely need to find a countermeasure against those recent spamming attacks. Sad

Is the account registration still being moderated, for example? I think it was until some time ago, but I don't remember. I understand that this policy may scare away potential new members but I can't think of another way...
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
Close up signups for a short while?
@Black Waterfall @dmann

Good suggestions, I'll reach out to Agro on the Discord and see what can be done. I'm getting exhausted deleting 1,000+ posts of spam. @FireTaco, @Kris, and the others can only tolerate so much.

We'll find a solution for this mess.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Once the spamming is stopped through the shield, maybe poke at the spammers with a spear, and find where they start. As 3(?) attacks in 3 days is not good.
it sucks how 1 stupid decision can ruin many other peoples day
The attacks are from outside @supersnivy107, and its affecting everyone.
@0kamii Thanks! I hope we can eventually find a good solution for everybody!  Smile

PS: One thing that comes to my mind --- we could moderate new user registrations by making them pass a simple Turing test such as telling a Pokemon related joke or related stuff.
(Oct 23, 2018, 09:02 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @0kamii Thanks! I hope we can eventually find a good solution for everybody!  Smile

PS: One thing that comes to my mind --- we could moderate new user registrations by making them pass a simple Turing test such as telling a Pokemon related joke or related stuff.
I like Blacks idea. Sorta like a captcha but Pokemon related like showing a pic of a pokemon and making them type its name to complete regestry or something.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@Dova Woow, that sounds awesome dude! I loved the 'Who's that pokemon?' idea! It is fun and, besides, it totally proves that you are not a bot!
Agro has set the new members to require email activation at the moment, Hopefully that stops some of them for now.