Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Stupid legendaries question
How do you guys get competitive legendaries? Do you just soft-reset for days on end or what? The chances of getting a 5IV legendary with right nature would be so slim. D:

I know most people just hack them, but if I wanna do it legit, how?
Yea mostly it's soft resetting for a loooong time. The right nature can kinda be control with a pokemon that has the ability Synchronize and the right nature in front of your party. Example: If i want idk a modest suicune i'll just get in front of my party a ralts with Synchronize and a modest nature. This gives it like 50% chance of encountering the suicune a modest one. From my experience is to have lots of patience and if after a week you can't do it try going with 3 perfect ivs only. Sorry if this isn't very helpful! And remember building the team is just 30% of competitive battling, how you use the team is the other 70%
Getting the perfect legendary pokemon without pokegenning is not exactly easy. Yes, if you don't pokegen it, you'll have to soft reset until you get your perfect legendary. Luckily, this monotony is slightly mitigated by the fact that every legendary in ORAS and X/Y are guaranteed to have 3 random perfect IV's. So here's the process I find most helpful, given that you have Master Balls to spare.

1) Determine the Nature you want your Legendary to have, and then put a Pokemon with both that Nature and the Ability Synchronize at the front of your party, so that there's a 50% chance the Nature will be passed down to the Legendary via Synchronize's outside of battle effect,
2) Go to the legendary you want to catch, with one slot in your party open so that you can immediately check it. Don't forget to have your Synchronize pokemon in the front.
3) Start the battle and use the Master Ball.
4) Check the Legendary for its Nature. If Synchronize failed to pass it down, soft reset and try again.
5) If it does have the right Nature, then check its stats. Use this spreadsheet, it tells you the stats that a pokemon should have based on Nature and whether it has perfect IV's. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...li=1#gid=0
6) Basically just keep trying till you get it.

Something to keep in mind, though, is that 30 and 31 IVs reach the same number for a stat at level 50 as long as no EV's were invested into the stat. For example, Heatran is found at level 50, and I was only going to invest in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed, which is what I got my 3 perfect IV's in. Sp.Def and Def had IV's of 30, but gave the same stat number as they would if they had 31 IV's, as I didn't invest any EV's into them. Therefore, I didn't need to keep soft resetting for better IV's.

Good luck, and happy capturing!
Thank you guys for the replies! That was helpful. C: Gonna get me a Suicune now!
The spread sheets going to be the most accurate obviously, but taking the pokemon to the Iv checker is a lot faster.
(Mar 8, 2015, 10:03 PM)Pokélander Wrote: The spread sheets going to be the most accurate obviously, but taking the pokemon to the Iv checker is a lot faster.

But the IV Checker only tells you the perfect IVs, right? So if you have on stat with 30 IVs, he wouldn't tell you?
(Mar 8, 2015, 10:03 PM)Pokélander Wrote: The spread sheets going to be the most accurate obviously, but taking the pokemon to the Iv checker is a lot faster.

Actually going to the iv checker is a lot slower then just checking the stats after catching a legendary from a spreadsheet. When it comes to soft resetting for perfect legendaries the more you can do in the shortest time the better. Most legendaries are no where near the IV checker so flying over there to check wastes a lot of time.

I can't say I agree with that. The spreadsheet works a lot better, especially for catching Heatran, since it's caught in a cave that you can't fly right out of. Besides, you literally just look over at the spreadsheet. It barely takes 10 seconds to determine which stats have a IV of 31 that way. Also, by using the stats spreadsheet, a player who has been soft resetting for about 20 times will probably memorize the stats they should be looking for just because they've seen those numbers so many times. And like you said, the spreadsheet's more accurate, so why not use it?