Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[GUIDE] How to Quickly Gain Experience in Sun/Moon (Useful for Hyper Training)
Rainbow 
    Hey again there Pokemon Forever family, your friendly Gengvr is back to give you another guide, this time on how to level up fast in Pokemon Sun and Moon!

With the introduction to Hyper Training, leveling to 100 has never been more important if you wanted to get into competitive pokemon to max out you IV’s and get it ready to start using in competitive play. Luckily in Pokemon Sun and Moon there is many different ways to level and I will be teaching you some of them. 
[Image: tumblr_o28rx7gNVk1uld0hqo1_500.jpg]  

Preparing to Grind

Before we start we are going to need a few things. First is the lucky egg which can be found in Prof. Kukui’s after completing the first trial. Secondly we will be needing PokeBeans, why do you ask? Simple they raise the pokemons affection level (not to be confused with friendship) and the higher the affection the higher the boost to xp your pokemon will receive. In this guide ill be using Rainbow Beans because with just 2 you can reach 4+ hearts in pokemon refresh which is all we need to get the max out of the bonus. Another added bonus is the Exp.Share which makes it so much easier to power level in groups.  

Leveling Methods 

There is a few different methods I will be going to explain, each have their own pro’s and con’s which I will cover as well. So equip the lucky egg on the desired pokemon, feed it some beans and lets get started!

Method #1

The first method I will be discussing is the Battle Buffet. Located in Hau’oli’s shopping mall, is a great and easy way to get some xp. It is not the fastest method but some people prefer this over the others, you can also make some extra money this way. I suggest using the Event Happy Hour Snorlax as a lead here and equipping the Amulet Coin to double your money output as well as gaining xp. Remember you can only do this once a day, but its still a good way to get xp.  

Method #2

The second method is a bit like the first one but its going to be the Elite 4. Elite 4 grinding give way more xp and if combined with the Happy Hour Snorlax can give some serious cash as well as xp. Draw backs of this method is that it requires either multiple high level pokemon leaving you with less space to power level and the cutscenes are a bit too long, other than that this is a great way to power level and I recommend it!  

Method #3

This method is definitely not for everyone in the sense that most people already past this and did not know about it. I am talking about Guzzlord! Yes Guzzlord one of the coolest Ultra Beast is also a great way to power level. Other than the fact that is one of the highest level wild pokemon encounters in the game, you can faint it and battle it again right away so its a great and very fast way to get xp! In order to xp farm Guzzlord you need to stock up on honey, and no its not cause it might be a more evil version on Winnie the Pooh but cause it will help you get the encounter started with less effort but its also good to note here that you might not always encounter it even with the Honey, some times you will get random Golbats.  Another thing is it can be compared to the Elite 4, it falls victim to the cutscenes. If you are one of those people who have been putting off catching Guzzlord this method might work great for you!    

Method #4

For the last of the spammable methods comes my favorite because it offerers the option to multitask. What i am talking about is the last few patches of grass that are located right before the Battle Tree. This is my favorite method because in some instances it helps me EV train my pokemon as I level them up. Pelipper here gives 2 points of Defense, Raticate (at night) gives 2 points of Speed, Granbull and Bewear give 2 Attack EV and Golduck gives 2 SpAtk EVs. If you are not worried about EVs then another way to get an exponential amount of xp is to SOS chain Bewear for this way I would suggest using a Ghost type pokemon as the lead since Bewear is a Fighting type pokemon he will not be able KO himself.      

Honorable Mentions

A daily way to get a good amount of money and xp after becoming champion for the first time is to fight Shigeki Marimoto at the GameFreak headquarters in Heahea City, Akala Island. He has a team of pretty strong Gen 1 pokemons with good coverage so this one i would suggest already having a high level pokemon in order to sweep but the xp gain is good and if you use Happy Hour+Amulet Coin Snorlax you can also get a nice amount of money.

So in conclusion theres many ways to level up fast in Pokemon Sun and Moon, choose the method you feel the most comfortable with, feed your pokemon rainbow beans and don’t forget to put on that lucky egg. Good Luck! 
Good job as always!
Thanks @Elly always glad to help out the community  Heart
Photo 
Another great guide. Good work.
I didn't even think of abusing Guzzlord! Good guide, man!
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades