Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TOURNAMENT] Amethyst 0mega Presents: Little Hail Cup 2017!
@0kamii Thank you! I have to admit, this is a surprise!
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Uhhh, 0kamii, we might have a problem.

So, I just visited the Challonge link you provided, and it doesn't seem that there is a check-in button. No one else has registered, so I can't be the only one with this problem...
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Friend Code: 3840-8367-6861
IGN: Cero
Discord Name: Sack of Bones
Challonge Name: BoneheadMarowak

This sounds like a lot of fun, don't know much about LC, so this'll be new (Also having the same problem as Retro)
Feel free to post your favorite Pokémon FanArt here ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩
Is Snow Cloak Swinub allowed?
OU MASTER RACE
@RetroTyphlosion @BoneheadMarowak

I've reviewed the settings for the bracket and registration should be open now. Go to the 'Go to Registration' button and sign-up should be automatic. If the problem persists, I will speak with @stephenWITNESS about it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, you guys! Wink

@Kris

Swinub is allowed, but Snow Cloak is not. Serving as an extension of the Evasion clause for the purposes of this tournament, its exclusion is simply to avoid leaving battles to chance. Swinub's other abilities, Thick Fat and Oblivious, are still permitted. Thank you for asking, Kris.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@0kamii No prob! It works now, thanks for the quick response   Smile
Feel free to post your favorite Pokémon FanArt here ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩
Looking forward to this!

Friend Code: 1435-7149-3284
IGN: Stephen
Discord Name: stephenWITNESS
Challonge Name: stephenWITNESS
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
I've updated the rules. Thanks to @stephenWITNESS and @BoneheadMarowak for pointing out a few inconsistencies. All pokémon will be set to level 50 during battles, and the hosting games are now Sun and Moon rather than Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! And don't forget to share those cores!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Somebody say cores?

While I may not be the best at analyzing competitive data and creating teams that win 99.99% of the time like some people can, I can at least recognize when Pokémon work well together in the doubles format. I'l share the core I'm currently building around, since it's relatively simple, and was a staple of early-VGC17 hail teams

A-Vulpix + A-Sandshrew
Slush Rush Core

With more than half of the roster consisting on only Ice-Type Pokémon, the obvious strategy is to scout for Pokémon that may offer an advantage over the others when used together. A-Sandshrew and A-Vulpix fit this perfectly, as their abilities when tied together make for some very fast and very powerful sweeping potential. 

Vulpix's Hidden Ability, Snow Warning, causes Hail to summon as soon as it enters the battlefield, making so that you don't have to waste a turn just to setup weather. Sandshrew's ability, Slush Rush, doubles it's speed during a hailstorm. I think you can see where I'm going with this. Since Sandshrew can setup with SD, or hit pretty hard on it's own with decent Atk investment, doubling it's speed allows it to become quite the sweeper. I'll show you my current sets for the core

Vulpix-Alola @ Light Clay  
Ability: Snow Warning  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Blizzard  
- Aurora Veil  
- Protect  
- Freeze-Dry

Sandshrew-Alola @ Life Orb
Level: 50
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

That's basically it for this core. It's just the usual Ninetails/Sandslash core adjusted for LC. I'm sure this seems kinda redundant and over-simplified, and I bet you'd love to see some calcs, but it's late, and I've got mid terms to prep for and an essay to finish by midnight. So, I hope you enjoyed one of the Scott man's super-great in-depth core discussion. Cuz I'll probably not do that again for quite a while XD

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
Do these pokemon have to be legit?
O