Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TOURNAMENT] Amethyst 0mega Presents: Little Hail Cup 2017!
just two more questions i had. do the pokemon need specific abilities? what i mean is, is their only one ability allowed for each member of the party? or can we have duplicate abilities across our team? second question is, what does tournament will be held on cart mean? i know its for sun and moon but what does cart mean? is it a broadcast website or something?
@Umbreon9004

As stated in the rules, all pokémon that would not otherwise be immune to damage from Hail must have their immunizing ability. For example, Seel is a legal pokémon in the format, but only if it has the ability Ice Body. A Seel with Thick Fat or Hydration is prohibited. Same goes for the other pokémon with immunizing abilities like Overcoat.

Additionally, the ability Snow Cloak is banned as an extension of the Evasion Clause. All pokémon in the format with the ability Snow Cloak have at least one other ability to use in its place.

Yes, you can have two pokémon on the team with say Slush Rush for example, but you may only have one pokémon with the ability Snow Warning on the team. For example, you may use an Alolan Vulpix and an Amaura, but only one of them is permitted to have Snow Warning. This would in turn force Amaura to run Refrigerate.

Held on cart is short for 'cartridge.' As in the tournament battles will be held on your physical copy of Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, or Ultra Moon as opposed to a battle simulator site like Pokémon Showdown.

Any other questions, feel free to let me know.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Gotta drop out. I'm sorry.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
@RetroTyphlosion

Sorry to hear that, Retro. Hope you'll still stick around to find out who won.

Thanks for trying anyway. Smile

- 0kamii

Friend Code: 3239-4105-4351
IGN: Dave
Discord Name: PerchPond
Challonge Name: PerchPond

Yes
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
@PerchPond

Glad you could join us, Perch. The ranks were getting a little thin. It'll be interesting having the Spooky Cup Champion battle with us. Big Grin

- 0kamii

@0kamii Hopefully more will join to make it more of a tourney and less of it being just a few matches. I won't be able to prepare as much for this tournament as I did for the Spooky Cup, but I'll give it my best shot Blush
The fact that Whirlpool is no longer an HM nor a TM is really sad in this instance, just saying Rolleyes
@PerchPond

Take solace in that even though you've revealed a would-be strategy, I still don't think I know what it might have been. So, yay for cluelessness!

All the same, I hope you have fun with the format regardless. That is the intention behind goofy tournaments like this!Tongue

- 0kamii

@PerchPond
@stephenWITNESS
@Umbreon9004
@BoneheadMarowak

Hope all of you are excited to begin the first ever PokémonForever Little Hail Cup! Check-in is at 1pm EST, and due to the limited number of participants, the tournament style has been changed to Swiss. Every trainer will battle each other, resulting in four battles each. The trainers with the two highest scores will advance to the finals and compete for 1st prize! If a trainer emerges from Swiss with 4 victories, they will automatically be declared the winner.

Furthermore, if a trainer loses two consecutive matches, they are granted the option of withdrawing from the tournament. Other than that, all other rules still stand. VGC style Doubles, level 50 all, one legal Hail setter, and the plethora of clauses in place.

Good luck, everyone! Have fun!

- 0kamii

P.S. After check-in, go to the tournament channel on our lovely Discord page to convene with myself and the other players. All matches will be organized there.