Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Took a break, but I'm back!
So I got a little burnt out on the competitive scene a couple months ago and decided to take a break. Every team I played against felt the same, with little variation. I also got fed up with the constant hax that never seemed to go my way. Long story short, I felt that taking a bit of a break would be good so I could come back refreshed.

That leads to today! I have the day off work so I figured I'd bust out my game and play some competitive battles. I had a lot of fun (although I lost a lot)! I feel a little behind. Can anyone catch me up to speed on some of the more used teams/strategies nowadays or are they similar to what was being used back in August? That can be a bit of a loaded question, but I know some of the rules changed in terms of no pentagon Pokémon being allowed so I know that had to open up some new strategies. Any feedback is appreciated!
Welcome back :3
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
CHALK is, unsurprisingly, still huge in the current metagame. However, there seems to be a recent rise in Azumarill usage recently, with lots of people pairing it with Amoonguss to get that Belly Drum off and Aqua Jet everything. Landorus tends to run Assault Vest or Focus Sash over the Choice Scarf nowadays, but I'd say that any variation of it are still very viable. I think that's the biggest changes at the moment.
(Oct 25, 2015, 12:01 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Welcome back :3

Thanks! Good to be back.

(Oct 25, 2015, 01:27 PM)LassieNessie Wrote: CHALK is, unsurprisingly, still huge in the current metagame. However, there seems to be a recent rise in Azumarill usage recently, with lots of people pairing it with Amoonguss to get that Belly Drum off and Aqua Jet everything. Landorus tends to run Assault Vest or Focus Sash over the Choice Scarf nowadays, but I'd say that any variation of it are still very viable. I think that's the biggest changes at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up! Those pesky CHALK teams...
Welcome back
Welcome back! I think after worlds, there's been more diversity in the game than people think. People are exploring options that aren't necessarily anti-CHALK, but alternatives. One example is less Lando-T usage and more Arcanine, who's extremely versatile. Also more prominent is azumarill, porygon2, and swampert, amongst others. People will use the same typical top 5 or so megas, but keep your eyes open for anything else that people can experiment with, like Machamp, blaziken, nidoking/queen and mammoswine.