Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] 2015 VGC Team - Please Rate
Yea this guy was a bad battler but this is the only Terrakion I faced with this new team and faced way too many Cresselia. I only had problems with Trick Room teams and surprising pokemon like sableye - rain dance. The only Terrakion I am worried about is Focus Sash Terrakion.
lol this battle was too surprising
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2015-195179242
run tailwind on togekiss
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
One way that you could deal with the Terrakion threat and have a team member that still blends well with this team is a Trapper/ Revenge Killer Dugtrio.
It sounds surprising, but this frail pokemon can easily OH a Terrakion in 2 different builds.

First build is a choice banded trapper. This one will come into combat after an ally has been knocked out and use the arena trap to make sure your target cant flee.
Dugtrio with Max speed investment will always outspeed a Jolly Terrakion with full speed investment. The only exception to this is if the Terrakion is choice scarfed, however the majority of players will run a life orb or choice band to max out power due to Terrakion's already high speed.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 386-456 (119.5 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 186-219 (52.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The second option is the same build, however exchange the Choice band for a Focus Sash and trade Sucker punch for Reversal. This build can swap into a fight and take a hit, or can potentially have get 2 attacks in after a normal switch in. Since Dugtrio is so frail, just about any hit will activate the sash, allowing you to capitalize on the full power of the move Reversal

252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 344-406 (106.5 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 760-896 (496.7 - 585.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 386-456 (245.8 - 290.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You can also opt to replace the ability Arena Trap on either build to Sand Force in order to benefit from the sand team better and add 30% to the power of Earthquake and Stone Edge, however with this approach you lose the trapping power and could potentially let a high value target swap out.

To sum it up, Dugtrio in General is a very frail Pokemon, However when used correctly in the late game as a Revenge Killer or a late sweeper it can potentially be extremely powerful. I feel he could find a nice home in your current team.
Im going to revisit this team later because I built this very early season without formation of 2015 meta and I never play 2013 which affects some of the current format. I'll post this team again after I rebuild it. I also building mega venasaur and mega mence teams.
lol choice band protect kappa
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!