Poll: Do you want future Pokemon Tourneys to be on Pokemon Showdown?
This poll is closed.
Yes
72.73%
8 72.73%
No
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] August VGC Tourney Thread (August 9 on SHOWDOWN!)
Rescheduling: I regret to inform everyone that the tournament will be pushed back to August 8, 2015 at about the same time 10:00 AM Pacific [GMT: - 8] for several reasons largely time based. I practically announced this tourney in such short notice and I want to give everyone about a week to prepare and get ready. Just when I was about to post the original thread, I saw N_Nonymous post a thread regarding the 1st Pokemon Forever Smash tour so I don't want ti have any time schedule conflicts where people want to join both tourneys. Finally I want to fill up all the spot in the tourney especially this is on Showdown and honestly I don't think anyone should even complain about this. There is very little chance of any issues of possible disconnections since either the servers are restarting (shouldn't take long), the person computer/laptop/device isn't working they can't even partake to begin with, or the person rage quit and left the tourney. To make that clear, the tourney will be held this next Saturday at the same time.
(Aug 1, 2015, 11:09 AM)Delta Wrote: This is going to be my first competition with, an actual structured thing, so if someone could please explain how the matchmaking works? And do we just say who won the round, or do we need to save and submit every battle we do?

This is how its usually run so I'll explain:

Basically after all 16 people check in, I'll shuffle the seeds on battlefly and from there announce that everyone's placement has been shuffled. You can check the battlefly link to see who will you'll be battling (everyone info is there) immediately get in contact with them on both VGC 2015 Forum and on Showdown. I'll ask everyone to go to the VGC Lobby so everyone can find each other easily by scrolling through to see who's online. Once you see the person's account, please confirm that its them and initiate the battles. Basically you should be saving your battle replays if there's a dispute I need to confirm/see what the dispute is about so have battle replays on hand. Its basically up to the battlers to report who won so that I can change it on the account, though anyone can report scores.

If you are saving battle codes, just copy-and-paste the link after you click the "share replay" button and save it somewhere to keep track of like on Word or Notepad. Please refrain from posting codes unless I say so to call up a dispute. Once you have either won/lose your round, please report it on battlefly or to me on either Showdown (name John Apricorn) or on Twitch in the VGC 2015 Forum chat.
I just realized that, unless the tournament is moved to Sunday, August 8, I can't make it. Darn it.
Question: Do you guys want the tourney to be on either this upcoming Saturday or Sunday of next week? Please answer so I can decide by Tuesday.
(Aug 1, 2015, 05:18 PM)Black117 Wrote: Question: Do you guys want the tourney to be on either this upcoming Saturday or Sunday of next week? Please answer so I can decide by Tuesday.

which ever is convient for you, im good either way
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I would prefer if it was on Sunday, but I guess that might conflict with other people. So, whoever gets the most days wins?
I prefer showdown. Cuts out the need to obtain mons and kind of allows gimmicky strategies to happen with teams. My friend broke his copy of Alpha Sapphire so by using showdown he can enter without a proble. I definitely prefer showdown over the in game
I have decided that the tourney will be this sunday, August 9th so get ready for some battling. There will be a cap of about 16 players so it will be first come with a wait list.
Signed up! Now, to start working on a fresh team~ ;P
Since Justin will be having a tourney on that day, I have decided to have only best of 1 for the first 2 rounds only and have BO3 for round 3, the 3rd Place match, and the finals. I'll also have the prizes for this tourney

1st: Heatran Cresselia Sylveon + Mega Stone of Choice. (Basically any Mega Stone or Orb you don't have)

2nd: Either Heatran/Cresselia + Mega Stone of Choice

3rd: Mega Stone of Choice +

Full details of the Pokemon will be provided on Friday.