Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Froslass Build
Any suggestions for a competitive Froslass set, I've looked at smogon but I want to try a more offensive set

Currently breeding Snorunts for this so you can suggest any natures too
DESTINY BOND 4TW
(Sep 14, 2016, 06:32 AM)naitre Wrote: What format are you wanting to use Froslass in?

6v6 singles most likely
(Sep 14, 2016, 07:00 AM)naitre Wrote: If you're looking to run a hyper offense team, spikes/suicide lead Froslass tends to work out fairly well. Froslass herself is not inherently offensive and doesn't have much going for her besides her high speed.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind/Ice Beam

Froslass's move pool really locks it into the supportive niche to be honest with you. It's very fast and has STAB ice though, letting you make quick work of Dragons and other hazard setters while setting up your own.

If you're set on running an offensive Froslass, you could try to run specs, but remember she is very frail:

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Modest Nature
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic/Destiny Bond

You can hit some decent landmarks, for example:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Froslass Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 312-368 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Froslass Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 154-183 (43.7 - 51.9%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO

Other mons do the offense better in her respective tier, and she really is best utilized for her speed and setting, but you could potentially make it work. Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for the help, I'll try both sets out and see how they work for me. I know she's pretty frail but I want to experiment a bit 

Thanks again, really appreciate the examples too Smile
Froslass has a pretty mediocre Special Attack and Attack stat of 80. The only way I see this thing working offensively is if you were to run like Ice Beam, Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Fire, Spikes and Destiny Bond