Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Machamp AV
Hi guys, I love Machamp and I wanna use it with the item "Assault Vest". 
I've got an adamant Machamp in my team with Bullet Punch, Poison Jab, Stone Edge and Dynamich Punch. And eventually No guard ability. 
What is the best EVs spread for my Machamp AV?
Generally a good starting point for physical AV Pokemon is a spread of 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def. The AV takes care of Special Defense so this spread just makes it as bulky and hard hitting as possible.

You can play around with the Speed investment somewhat, but Machamp's low speed means it won't be outpacing any fast threats. Something like 4 EVs in Speed, though, would allow you to speed creep on Blissey (with has the same base Speed). Or, for instance, 84 EVs to outspeed uninvested base 65s like bulky Scizor, Umbreon, and Komala. It all depends on what you're going up against, whether you need more bulk or a little more speed.
I'd recommend that instead:

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

Hope I helped
Thank you very much for your advices. I would like to show you another spread that I found on the net, that is 0/252/0/0/196/60, what do you think?
I'm guessing that set is trying to outspeed uninvested Celesteela, but most Celesteela run some speed EVs even if it's only to creep. Also, the Special Defense investment is generally redundant with the Assault Vest, and more than that, can hinder it in regard to taking physical hits.
Thanks for your advice, I'm going to breed Machop in order to make the same Machamp that @"Elly" suggested me  Wink
Smile