Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] New Nugget Bridge Damage Calculator For Sun / Moon is Up
So as the title mentions, we now have a usable damage calculator done by Jake White who was able to input all the new information such as the new Pokemon BST, Z-moves, and other Gen 7 features. Keep in mind the damage calculator itself is set at level 50 (not level 100) and is still preliminary given how we are barely know much about the new Pokemon. All this information has been based on the datamine leaks, so again this is moderate spoilers for those who still don't know anything such as Names, BSTs, Typings, Pokemon, moves, abilities, etc. As of making this post, still haven't seen Pokemon Showdown / Smogon update their damage calculator, so guess this is the only one up at moment (again they'll have it up soon). Alright so here's the link to the preliminary SuMo Damage Calculator:

VGC Pokemon Sun & Moon Damage Calculator
Time to me some terrible sets, who's with me?
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I miss Animekid7
I did some calcs with Garchomp, Necrozma, Tapu Koko and other interesting stuffs.

Garchomp may suffer from the presence of so many new Fairy types in the meta, however with its Dragon/Ground STABs and its speed definitely above the average of the full Alolan pokedex he can still be useful.

I was going to run some calcs with Oranguru (its Normal/Psychic, Inner Focus and defensive stats are really interesting) but then i saw there is a mono Psychic-type Ultra Beast, Necrozma. It has Prism Armor which halves the damage from supereffective hits (it helps a lot for example against those new super offensive Bug types), it has decent defensive stats, a natural high SpA and low speed, which can potentially make it a solid Trick Room setter in this metagame.

EDIT: NECROZMA IS NOT ALLOWED IN VGC17 LOL

Tapu Koko is still a big question mark to me. I know it has potential, but its stats and movepool... i don't know. One thing is sure: it's impossible to run a physical set due to the lack of a physical Fairy type STAB (it only gets access to Dazzling Gleam) and its SpA stat is not really good, meaning that outside of Electric Surge it will hit just like a Raichu. Gigavolt Havoc in Electric Surge can OHKO a lot of things though.

I like Arcanine a lot and i've run many calcs too. There are no great Fire types in this Pokedex in general (maybe GameFreak was tired of Heatran and Groudon supremacy in the past 2 years lol) but Intimidate, a wide movepool, decent bulk and mixed offensive potential might come in handy.

Watch out for Gastrodon guys.. it shuts down Electric and Misty Surge strats, it has a good matchup against Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross, Arcanine and many other popular picks.. Gastrodon also learns Sludge Bomb for the new Bug types and Fairy types Ultra Beasts and Tapus. EDIT: NO EARTH POWER MAKES IT UNVIABLE