Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Talonflame
I can't decide if i should put u-turn or will-o-whisp on my full offensive talonflame. Can someone help me with it?
With no investment in defense I would not put will o wisp on a talonflame heck I probably wouldn't put it on their with defensive investments
Past Giveaways:
Unova water and fire starters with HA's
Chimchar with HA's and egg moves
HA Gible
HA Sableye
HA Minccino
BR HA feraligatr
BR Mega Gallade
BR Garchomp
BR Terrakion
BR Shiny Dragonite

Feel free to PM for info on past giveaways might have some left over
i forgot to mention i have a focus sash on my talonflame
U-Turn is worth it if you are using a Choice Band Talonflame, otherwise W-o-W (if your team really needs W-o-W support) or Protect are the best choices for its 4th move.
i already have protect already on it, roost isnt worth it because it mostly wont live another attack
I feel like if your Talonflame is Choice Banded then probably u-turn will be more likely of an option to go for, if sashed or any other item, combined with Talonflame's speed can shut down strong opponents. and just to mention i have seen will-o-wisp sets on Talonflames sashed before. Talonflame is also known for it's supportive potential on non-choiced sets with W-o-W, tailwind and even taunt, not to mention quick guard too you may most likely want W-o-W, test the set and you may find the correct move.
Hope i helped.
By the way i use this weird looking talonflame set, that i made on my own, if anyone want's to discuss it i have some reasons:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost / Quick guard
- Protect
- Tailwind

. Talonflame always has been a suicide sweeper with taking tons of damage as recoil and life orb.
. Lefties make the recoil damage taken from BB less.
. Lefties also recover back some of the damage taken from recoil.
. Other than being KO'ed in OH, this may save it some times.
. Hence this T-flame is all out gale wings priority, speed wasn't needed.
. It also makes it survive BB's from other Talonflames
. Roost and Quick guard can be both dependant and useful, accordingly to the teams
but his defenses are so terrible that he can be still one shotted by every strong stab attack, so you wasted a lot of ev's i think!
If you want to use Talonflame as a Tailwind suicide lead you should also check this set (it is for VGC, not for Singles):

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 140 Atk / 188 SpA / 180 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics / Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Will-O-Wisp / Protect

# Focus Sash allows you to survive at least one hit
# Naive Nature to use both his Physical and Special attack, while 180 EVs in Speed is enough to outspeed Whimsicott, which is the fastest Prankster Taunt user of the game: you are 100% guaranteed to setup Tailwind if the opponent doesn't have Fake Out. When you break your Focus Sash, Acrobatics hits for 110 base power without recoil, but if you want Talonflame to faint, you can also run Brave Bird. Overheat allows you to hit with a strong 120 base power Fire move, which is great against things like M-Mawile or M-Metagross.

188 SpA Talonflame Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 152-180 (96.8 - 114.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
188 SpA Talonflame Overheat vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 134-158 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

You can use Protect to avoid the first Fake Out so that you can setup Tailwind the following turn. Anyway you can also run W-o-W if you can counter the opposing Fake Out (with a faster Fake Out user for example).
well the problem is, i want protect, brave bird and flare blitz on it. so a choice item is no option, i just made that mistake and i was protecting XD and i already have a bisharp with life orb. so what i tought is focus sash and u-turn or w-o-w. but i think u-turn is working better for me at the moment