Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pachirisu Moveset - Tank (Support)
[Image: 417.gif]
Stats 60 HP, 45 Atk, 70 Def, 45 SAtk, 90 SDef, 95 Spd
Ability Run Away, Pickup & Volt Absorb

We all know the Pachi from worlds who hyped up the whole pokemon community but I decided to share my build for our (or at least mine) real mvp shoiny Pachi. I would like to give credit for the EVs to a vgc-player I've met on Showdown but I totally forgot that person his name so dude, if you're here: thanks.

Build

Pachirisu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow me
- Light Screen/Super fang
- Nuzzle
- Protect

Offensive Caluclations

Well this set isn't offensive at all so don't mind this being blank.
or you want to sweep teams with nuzzle. I'm fine with that, good luck. Im calling this new meta already

Defensive Calculations

252+ SpA Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Pachirisu: 120-142 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Pachirisu: 109-129 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 144-171 (86.2 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 139-163 (83.2 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 148-176 (88.6 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Some info about why I picked these moves

- Follow me
Well this is the main reason why Pachirisu is a thing in VGC. It's a great move and as I mentioned before it gives your other pokemon a great oppertunity to set up with some sword/dragondances.

- Light screen/super fang
If you have time to set this up .. then why not ? Don't mind if I do. But yea .. you can also go full Se Jun with going for super fang.

- Nuzzle
In case Pachirisu gets taunted. You can get your revenge to use nuzzle on everything they love. It won't do much damage but it has a 100% chance to paralyze the opponent. Let them feel the Pachi-revenge with that 20 power move.

- Protect
Well I use protect on almost every vgc pokemon I have. Basic move is basic.

Synergy

Pachirisu is only weak to (x2) ground. It's Resistant to flying, steel and even gains health when hit with a electric move! (if you have Volt absorb as ability then) so you could also use the Pachirisu as a save switch into a iron head or those damn brave birds without worrying about Pachi since Pachirisu will eat that stuff for breakfast.

You can team up Pachirisu with everything that you want to set up before you want to sweep teams with it like for example: Ddance Tyranitar. But you can also team up with any water pokemon (Like mega blastoise) and get HP back from all these electic-attacks, make sure you use follow me on these turns tho otherwise your blastoise/any other water pokemon won't be safe.

I also found out that Pachirisu + Mega kang can be a deadly combination if you don't have the right team to counter it. Or a zapdos with discharge to get non-stop hp back on that Pachi or or ... the combinations that are possible with this thing are so much that I will just stop talking about it. kappa

Summary

Pachirisu is in my option a great support pokemon to have on your team if you use it right and the bulk on this thing is real! When you think you almost got it down: BAM Sitrus berry to your face. Pachirisu works well, from what I experienced on most teams and is definitely worth checking out!

This is my first .. build-thing that I tried to explain so I hope I did it right and that people like it. No really, please don't let me be alone with this. This Pachi was cool before worlds happened. Pick the hipster Pachi kappa/

builds summoned by others

Double team (by Kayos)
Pachirisu @ bright powder
Impish Nature
- Follow me
- Super fang
- Nuzzle
- double team

"Once you get a few double teams up, the follow me combo is really funny when people miss a lot. I have won games because I was able to set up a few double teams, and whenever I follow me'd - they would just miss pachi, allowing me to get some fatal blows in! I am contemplating switching super fang to protect, as it is my least used move on the set"
This is really cool was looking for a good guide as to how to ev build pachi.
I still firmly believe that Sejun Park chose Pachi for his team because he saw that sub tourney kappa
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
(Nov 3, 2014, 06:16 AM)jaseface Wrote: This is really cool was looking for a good guide as to how to ev build pachi.

Thanks! And I hope this build helped you with it then Smile

(Nov 3, 2014, 07:12 AM)thewasher19 Wrote: I still firmly believe that Sejun Park chose Pachi for his team because he saw that sub tourney kappa

Plottwist: I am Sejun kappa
Washer this looks amazing! Check your format with the competitive builds submission forum and submit it for approval!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Nov 3, 2014, 09:58 AM)Justin Wrote: Washer this looks amazing! Check your format with the competitive builds submission forum and submit it for approval!

FailFish
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
(Nov 3, 2014, 09:58 AM)Justin Wrote: Washer this looks amazing! Check your format with the competitive builds submission forum and submit it for approval!

Washer? kappa But thank you Justin! I will sumbit this build fo' sho!
LOL i meant @Eeveeli
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I actually bred and have been using a pachirisu on my team since I saw you use it before worlds during that tourney. Eeveeli! :D
And with never chatting to you before, I have a pretty similar EV spread to you as well. My spD and Def might be switched though, I can't remember my exact spread.

My tweaks to it though make it end up like:
Impish Nature
- Follow me
- Super fang
- Nuzzle
- double team

Once you get a few double teams up, the follow me combo is really funny when people miss a lot. I have won games because I was able to set up a few double teams, and whenever I follow me'd - they would just miss pachi, allowing me to get some fatal blows in! I am contemplating switching super fang to protect, as it is my least used move on the set; and I am thinking of switching to a full SpD / HP spread, as changes I am currently making to the team I am currently using it on, will be able to cripple attackers a lot better.

Thanks for using it in that tourney and showing off a great Pokémon! :D
(Nov 16, 2014, 03:25 AM)Kayos Wrote: I actually bred and have been using a pachirisu on my team since I saw you use it before worlds during that tourney. Eeveeli! :D
And with never chatting to you before, I have a pretty similar EV spread to you as well. My spD and Def might be switched though, I can't remember my exact spread.

My tweaks to it though make it end up like:
Impish Nature
- Follow me
- Super fang
- Nuzzle
- double team

Once you get a few double teams up, the follow me combo is really funny when people miss a lot. I have won games because I was able to set up a few double teams, and whenever I follow me'd - they would just miss pachi, allowing me to get some fatal blows in! I am contemplating switching super fang to protect, as it is my least used move on the set; and I am thinking of switching to a full SpD / HP spread, as changes I am currently making to the team I am currently using it on, will be able to cripple attackers a lot better.

Thanks for using it in that tourney and showing off a great Pokémon! :D

Haha i'm glad I could introduce you to Pachirisu then! It's indeed a great pokemon to have on your team ^^ !

And wow this double team/follow me tactic you have + with the BrightPowder sounds pretty solid! I only don't use it myself since VGC battles are fast-paced and I rather set my other pokemon up quickly than getting damage on it but that's just me. I'm sure a lot of other people would like to run their Pachirisu this way!

Would you mind if I added this set to the topic? (I will give you credits for it of course :D)