Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Thought I'd share this team before I scrap it.
Weirdly enough, I don't have any notes regarding this team. And it was quite some time since I built it and looking at it... parts of it seem a bit off. I suppose it's because I pretty much just threw this together from other teams, and it kinda worked.

Obviously this team was inspired by Cybertrons team, but with some major changes that completely changed the dynamic. It was IMO a bit more offensive, which suits me fine.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Follow Me
- Heal Bell

Air Slash was suprisingly good at getting Greninjas down to their sash and flinching them after they've used Grass Knot on the Suicune, Aura Sphere was a really nice suprise move against M-Kangaskhan. Follow Me and Heal Bell just 'cause. This Togekiss was from another team, the last one I added to this so I did not optimize it for this team - but it became a suprisingly good team mate. Just slapped this one on the team 'cause I couldn't think of a final team mate. :P

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 HP / 196 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Jediverrilli's Mega-Venusaur, with one obvious change. Leech Seed over Sleep Powder, 'cause of the accuracy and unreliability of sleep. Not much to say about this one, it's there to kick *** and survive for as long as possible.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Knock Off

Was not too happy with Bisharp, to be honest. Didn't suit me. Not sure what I'd replace it with. Almost never used it.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

My trusty Talonflame, never gets to live long but always does a lot of damage.

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Snarl

Pretty standard, almost never used Snarl though. Protect or Calm Mind would probably be better for this team. Maybe Calm Mind + Rest and switch the berry, of course.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Double Kick

Another one I wasn't very happy with personally. Feel that Garchomp would have been a better option for me. Don't really know what to say, since I hardly used it...

I think I got 6-8 straight wins in a row when I first used this team, it was amazing. Been working on a new team for... very long it seems, gonna be a trick room team since I've always had trouble facing them. But I'm a bit stuck building it, settled on most of the team members but not their movesets, natures or IV's. :P

Some battle codes:

• 9LQG-WWWW-WWXS-NVL7

• 96HW-WWWW-WW-XS-Z4H4 I played really badly, got lucky.

• MJWG-WWWW-WWXS-Z6PF That clutch tailwind. xD
Quick guard and tailwind are useless on a banded Talonflame, I'd swap the Life orb of Bisharp onto it and give Bisharp a focus sash. Considering that you weren't happy with him I assume he was OHKOd for you quite often.
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
(Apr 21, 2015, 11:24 PM)SjoerdDN Wrote: Quick guard and tailwind are useless on a banded Talonflame, I'd swap the Life orb of Bisharp onto it and give Bisharp a focus sash. Considering that you weren't happy with him I assume he was OHKOd for you quite often.

I use Talonflame as a bit of a throw away glass cannon/utility 'mon, so I've made the Choice Band work. There's always been something on my teams that need Life Orb a little more, so it's always been stuck with Choice Band. But the way I use Talonflame Focus Sash would be optimal.

If I need Quick Guard or Tailwind first, then I use it and don't care if they faint Talonflame or not. If it survive I'll either go for another quick guard (most of the time they seem to think you're gonna switch out) and if I use Tailwind I always switch out.