Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Thoughts on No-Pentagon Rule.
Hi guys I am back with another post, this time I will, disscuss my thoughts on the new no-pentagon ruleset, which is the main aspect and reflects what the 2016 VGC season will look like. Hope you respect my opinions and Let’s get started with it:

Top Players Dissapointed?
So this is my main focus and well to the majority it may seem like a negative comment on my end here, but I am gonna share what I feel like *no offense intended to anyone* So whenever I go on my twitter there are these tweets saying that this pentagon rule is a really bad idea and it will make things tough for them. Well, I do like to look at things positively, but I feel like many top players struggle against things they are not supposed to seeing very often. A simple example is Sejun’s Pachirisu, EXPLAINED. Now I think that most people disagree with this idea is because of they think there’ll be way too much to watch out for, right? Well this was my response to when we entered the 2015 season, as I was a beginner in the 2014 season, so it felt like a big change, now with such a devastating contrast starting to come up on the ladder, it can obviously be intimidating. However the simple thought that after as the season and the time progresses, there will form a new mega known as “VGC 16 metagame” like it happens respectively every year, though I do agree the first few days will be quite though.

Good or a Bad idea?
Well, it depends how it effects you and I did said that the first few days will be though and loosing the ladder for the 2015 format, can be even more drastic for some people. Well in my idea *excluding the ladder thoughts* it is quite a creative idea to bring a twist to the new format as for which reasons I think I will explain down below. I do like to look at things more positively and I do think it as an opportunity to bring the change in this years metagame and this was, in my opinion a clever call to interest more people into the format with now more opportunities and a new metagame to actually form for competing at worlds.

A Hope of Diversity?:
We all know this argument that rose soon after the world championships that there is no diversity in pokemon worlds this year *though I did proved this point wrong on a past post of mine, and worlds was amazing* so go sit in the corner cuz you don’t have a life if you really didn’t saw anything fun at worlds  Angry . I think this did caught TPCi’s attention, and maybe….just maybe……. And believe this is me, this was an idea t make worlds more fun next year, when the movesets and a variety of mons hit the field, though not after a meta is completely formed. Seems like a wrong move as this attempt also backfired :P

What's coming to my dark mind:

So this is probably the real talk. everyone here knows what i like to do *use ideas that people consider a failure and put them into my teams* oh yes and they work! Well with this whole no-pentagon thingie now on the scene, magmar with follow me, following things like mr.mime, electabuzz, blastoise, and no one forgot things like togekiss with helping hand, and heatran with eruption, probably something i wanted to try would be defiant and sheer force kamis. Well it will be tough to teambuild at first, but whatever.

Conclusion:
My writting skills can't match lord Kev's posts, however i try. so here are my thoughts on this no-pentgon thing comming right after two days. Hope you enjoyed and Bye!
I'm on the fence with this because I don't know all of the moveset options that it opens up for specific Pokémon. However, I will say that if it expands the current Meta then I'm all for it. Anything that makes people use more than the standard CHALK teams is a step in the right direction.
I think it will make things more interesting. I mean, there will be more hacked Pokemon, but it will also expand the Meta greatly. I for one, cannot wait.