Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] VGC 16 First thoughts
The format is fun, you just gotta do what you do, not focus on what is used, its how people played last season, kinda, but if you atleast try it and ignore the fact of the legends and play right, its really just a fast paced non stall format, yet, thats good.'

But opinions are opinions.
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Dec 10, 2015, 01:10 PM)Podfighterninja123 Wrote: I agree with Squeab give it time, like no call out to anyone who does want to quit, but GMX didnt give it a chance and just quit, Everything needs a chance imo, unless you're hatred for legends is way over battling

I would have a completely different opinion of this format if Primals and Xerneas were not allowed. Standard Groudon and standard Kyogre? Ok, we would have had new strong weather setters,  but still something manageable because of other weather setters or manual rain/sun users. Primals stats and abilities are insane. Not only they make things such as Tyranitar, CharY and Politoed completely unviable, but they also make every other Water type or Fire type completely useless unless they are Swift Swim or Clorophyll/Solar Power users . Primal Groudon has the defensive bulk of a Bold Cresselia, the Special Attack of CharizardY and even more Attack than Landorus-T: 3 of the strongest stats in competitive Pokemon of the previous format all in one single monster. Primal Kyogre’s Water Spout is insane.. there’s literally nothing, NOTHING you can switch into unless it’s Storm Drain or Dry Skin, furthermore Water type is only resisted by Grass, Dragon and Water itself.. but don’t forget about Ice Beam or Thunder from a base 180 SpA.

I am also shocked by the sweeping potential of Xerneas. We could consider Xerneas the “Belly-Drum Azumarill” of the old formats, which is the most annoying and terrifying threat to play against if your opponent plays correctly. You MUST have 2 answers for this monster and you are not even guaranteed to succeed in stopping it before taking too much damage.

VGC16 looks incredibly matchup and momentum based, which means you can't afford to make a single mistake or you will lose your momentum and you'll get swept by the opposing Ubers. There is also 15-20% (maybe even more) chance that the game will be decided already on turn 1, just because a stronger lead usually means you can go straight for the offensive/boost play and your opponent will have to sacrifice something - maybe too much to have a comeback.

Don’t judge Showdown’s VGC16 metagame with its gimmicks and wannabe anti-meta strats. When i see Golduck in Team Preview i already know my opponent is not a good player. M-Gengar's Shadow Tag shenanigans, Fake Tears Whimsicott + Mewtwo, Inner Focus Taunt Mienshao.. i mean.. you could find the same gimmicks in VGC15 aswell, but we all know which teams made to Top8 of World Championships. Look ahead. The truth is you can also run a successful Giratina or Mewtwo in your team right now, but once the meta stabilizes, we’ll see in the upcoming real events starting from 2016 about 80-90% of the teams carrying Xerneas and P-Groudon/Kyogre with their proper supports (TR Cresselia/Clorophyll + M-Kang with P-Groudon or M-Mawile +Swift Swim users with P-Kyogre) because they are absolutely too powerfull in a Best of 3. What’s going to fluctuate the most are probably the last 2 members of each team assuming we have already chosen 2 Ubers, 1 Mega and 1 Weather support. I’m not implying Landorus-T and Thundurus are going to fill those slots but.. you know.. one has Intimidate and Ground STAB coverage while the other has Prankster TWave and Electric STAB coverage.. let’s just say they don’t have a bad matchup against Primal's cores and M-Ray Smile^^

PS: i'm giving it a chance, but i'm not having fun.

[Image: UI60zCB.png]
(Dec 11, 2015, 05:13 PM)GMX Wrote: PS: i'm giving it a chance, but i'm not having fun.

I respect the heck out of this XD
Ermergerd sergnercher
Isnt Kyogre and Groudon Ubers? Why am I seeing them all over the place? there are so many questions to be asked.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Dec 23, 2015, 07:46 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: Isnt Kyogre and Groudon Ubers? Why am I seeing them all over the place? there are so many questions to be asked.
Yeah they are but vgc16 is allowing you to carry 2(non event) legendaries on your team
Ermergerd sergnercher
(Dec 23, 2015, 08:57 AM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Dec 23, 2015, 07:46 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: Isnt Kyogre and Groudon Ubers? Why am I seeing them all over the place? there are so many questions to be asked.
Yeah they are but vgc16 is allowing you to carry 2(non event) legendaries on your team

But Verlis always told me that legends were bad, why is it ok now?
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Dec 23, 2015, 09:31 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote: [='bradar485' pid='101179' dateline='1450886245']

But Verlis always told me that legends were bad, why is it ok now?
[/quote]

Silly mudkip, verlis only meant SOME legends. Anyways I think his reaction video to the rules was actually positive
Ermergerd sergnercher