Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] VGC 16 First thoughts
(Dec 10, 2015, 09:26 AM)joris_v_s Wrote: I think that this new ruleset will bring more diversity pokemon wise (except legendaries). What this new meta in my opinion will be probably revolved around is supporting the legendaries or abusing their abilities. In which the Primals will reign in and Groudon most notably. Something that I would see people doing is Skill Swapping Levitate on P-Groudon, so that it has no weaknesses. Mega-Rayquaza will not have such a big impact on the meta-game as some say, because the biggest problem with mega ray is that it is very frail and sometimes easily walled by some pokemon (Aegislash, Mega-Metagross, Primal-Groudon sort of).

I hope that this new meta will bring more variety to the game again. the means of testing teams will only become harder now due to these legends, which will have an impact to I think.

(This is my first post where I try to add to a discussion and my knowledge about pokemon is still lacking. If anything above sounds dumb, that's the reason)

Oh and Kangaskhan is still a thing

Bruh ray is not frail. Its debated thats its the best overall pokemon in the game. Look at its stats and moveset nothing really walls it
wait Joris, CHALK is still a thing? I wonder how well it will compete with teams that will have Primals, and like you said, Primal Groudon. That with Skill swap will be brutal as like you stated, no weaknesses with it. That is why I think the Primals being added in is too strong. But it'll be both a fun but a tiring to make a new team.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
(Dec 10, 2015, 10:27 AM)Akae47 Wrote: Bruh ray is not frail. Its debated thats its the best overall pokemon in the game. Look at its stats and moveset nothing really walls it

Glalie
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
I agree with Squeab give it time, like no call out to anyone who does want to quit, but GMX didnt give it a chance and just quit, Everything needs a chance imo, unless you're hatred for legends is way over battling
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Dec 10, 2015, 01:10 PM)Podfighterninja123 Wrote: I agree with Squeab give it time, like no call out to anyone who does want to quit, but GMX didnt give it a chance and just quit, Everything needs a chance imo, unless you're hatred for legends is way over battling

Yeah. It's probably going to change as time goes on, maybe Nintendo will take out some legends, or even limit it to only having one on your team. This is going to be one really interesting VGC, and maybe we'll see new champions, who knows? But is anyone else worried about the likeliness of someone having a hackmon on their team? Like a Dialga or Palkia with Telepathy? Or something of the sort? I mean Nintendo probably has some way of figuring it out, but what will happen if someone was able to slip past with a hackmon?
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
Its not the worst format that has come out(my opinion being 2015). It changes up the meta and adds diversity to the meta. What I don't like is that it feels like gen 5 again with weather wars which wasn't my favorite thing. Its when you lose your primal i'ts gg.
A legend fallen from grace.
I am just mad that I spent last month breeding lots of less popular pokes for 2016, as I though they might get rid of CHALK...
(Dec 10, 2015, 01:10 PM)Podfighterninja123 Wrote: I agree with Squeab give it time, like no call out to anyone who does want to quit, but GMX didnt give it a chance and just quit, Everything needs a chance imo, unless you're hatred for legends is way over battling

I find it interesting how some people say "give it time" or "give it a chance". There are people experienced enough to know when something is simply a bad idea. Its not being negative its a disagreement. You guys played this game long enough. Be more objective and less Nintendo/Game Freak apologist. Was 2015 diverse due to CHALK? no.... Remember gen 5 weather wars was that diverse? Nope.... New Meta? yes, changes? yes, diversity? HELL NO
(Dec 10, 2015, 05:47 PM)Akae47 Wrote: I find it interesting how some people say "give it time" or "give it a chance". There are people experienced enough to know when something is simply a bad idea. Its not being negative its a disagreement. You guys played this game long enough. Be more objective and less Nintendo/Game Freak apologist. Was 2015 diverse due to CHALK? no.... Remember gen 5 weather wars was that diverse? Nope.... New Meta? yes, changes? yes, diversity? HELL NO

I'm not an apologist, I ACTUALLY believe what I said. So far I've quite enjoyed it and have already made 2 seemingly viable teams. Neither of which feature Primal Groudon or Mega Ray. All I asked was people gave it a chance before writing it off, a stance I take on pretty much everything. If, however, you don't wish to play that's quite alright, no one should judge you for
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Dec 10, 2015, 05:56 PM)squeab Wrote:
(Dec 10, 2015, 05:47 PM)Akae47 Wrote: I find it interesting how some people say "give it time" or "give it a chance". There are people experienced enough to know when something is simply a bad idea. Its not being negative its a disagreement. You guys played this game long enough. Be more objective and less Nintendo/Game Freak apologist. Was 2015 diverse due to CHALK? no.... Remember gen 5 weather wars was that diverse? Nope.... New Meta? yes, changes? yes, diversity? HELL NO

I'm not an apologist, I ACTUALLY believe what I said. So far I've quite enjoyed it and have already made 2 seemingly viable teams. Neither of which feature Primal Groudon or Mega Ray. All I asked was people gave it a chance before writing it off, a stance I take on pretty much everything. If, however, you don't wish to play that's quite alright, no one should judge you for

We agree to disagree bruh

I want to see replays of you playing both wins and losses. I will take part in vgc 2016. My goal is to get it changed