Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Pokemon Sets With Potential
Wink 
Posts Pokémon sets that are not common and have some potential against it's checks and top Pokémon.

Example:
[Image: 115-mega.gif]
Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge / Return
- Fire Punch
- Low Kick / Drain Punch

Explanation: Okay so you are probably wondering why I chose this so I'm going to explain. Fire Punch works really well when hitting a big check to Kangaskhan being Aegislash. You can hit it with Fire Punch and not play the mind games with Sucker Punch. People do not expect it and you could easily get a win. Everyone knows how bulky Kangaskhan's mega form is and it can be hard to take down. People tend to want to get chip damage to put in range of powerful attacks. You can stop this by healing with Drain Punch and getting HP back while doing some decent damage. It also helps you heal back from Double Edge recoil or you could just have a little bit less power while being more bulkier with Return.

Make sure to be creative when sharing a set, each move has a use.
Your post will be posted here if I approve.
+1 in rank would be amazing n_n
you run sucker punch not fire punch because its good for priority especially late game were you can just sucer punch and win. you can hit aegi with drain punch really hard. with the abillity scrappy so you dont mega and you can predict when hes gonna king shield with sucker punch
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
I was watching the Wisconsin Regionals today, and one player (I don't remember his name, forgive me) was running a mixed Garchomp, with Draco Meteor. It was really useful, because it ended up OHKOing a MegaMence that it completely caught off-guard, which intern won him the match. I think this set had great potential because you won't be using that special attack afterwards, but that one hit really makes a difference.

(May 30, 2015, 01:43 PM)Chimchared7 Wrote: you run sucker punch not fire punch because its good for priority especially late game were you can just sucer punch and win. you can hit aegi with drain punch really hard. with the abillity scrappy so you dont mega and you can predict when hes gonna king shield with sucker punch
Thank you for feedback, I will fix my summary.
(May 30, 2015, 03:23 PM)beastmoose Wrote: I was watching the Wisconsin Regionals today, and one player (I don't remember his name, forgive me) was running a mixed Garchomp, with Draco Meteor. It was really useful, because it ended up OHKOing a MegaMence that it completely caught off-guard, which intern won him the match. I think this set had great potential because you won't be using that special attack afterwards, but that one hit really makes a difference.
Did you want to post the set yourself or did you want me to add it? Thank you for feedback n_n
(May 30, 2015, 03:39 PM)Rikkiness Wrote: Did you want to post the set yourself or did you want me to add it? Thank you for feedback n_n

I just thought it was interesting and should share it :P. I doubt we'd get set details, since I think he is still using it and doesn't want to reveal EV spreads yet.

For the last couple days I've been trying to use a sniper kingdra and when it got setup it was amazing problem is in vgc there are a lot of counters for it. Knock Off Fake Out Choice Specs Hyper Voice. But with a little more work it could be viable. I'm not posting evs is because I haven't found a spread I really like

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Level: 50
- Focus Energy
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
- Scald / Muddy Water / Surf
- Draco Meteor
(May 30, 2015, 08:49 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote: For the last couple days I've been trying to use a sniper kingdra and when it got setup it was amazing problem is in vgc there are a lot of counters for it. Knock Off  Fake Out Choice Specs Hyper Voice. But with a little more work it could be viable. I'm not posting evs is because I haven't found a spread I really like

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
- Focus Energy
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
- Draco Meteor

Every time I see that, I always anticipate that lead. However, more commonly I see it with swift swim and politied.

(May 31, 2015, 04:23 AM)beastmoose Wrote:
(May 30, 2015, 08:49 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote: For the last couple days I've been trying to use a sniper kingdra and when it got setup it was amazing problem is in vgc there are a lot of counters for it. Knock Off  Fake Out Choice Specs Hyper Voice. But with a little more work it could be viable. I'm not posting evs is because I haven't found a spread I really like

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
- Focus Energy
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
- Draco Meteor

Every time I see that, I always anticipate that lead. However, more commonly I see it with swift swim and politied.

Well that's probably why it didn't work that well
Elemental punches are common in JPN metagame, because it can catch off guard the opponent, while our metagame doesn't only focus on BO1 situations, that's why Sucker Punch is more consistent on M-Kang.

I've seen a Disable Kingdra + Encore Politoed working really well from Gabby S. in Seattle Regionals, i've never seen a combo like that in this VGC so far (except for Disable + Encore Gengar/Whims/Liepard, but you should expect that, while you can't expect Disable Kingdra)

Life Orb Aegislash is definitely a potential game breaker set because of its ability to OHKO anything it hits for supereffective damage most of the times. You can see the damage calcs on Aegislash' topic in the Competitive builds section, they are really impressive.

Quash Sableye is also interesting because you can make a Scarfed Land-T go last in a turn so that you can KO it before it hits with one of those dangerous Rock Slide/EQ, for example with a Life Orb Overheat Heatran.