Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

VGC18 IS DOOOOOOOOMED
Ok, so, I don't know if y'all saw the latest USun/UMoon trailer, but if you did, you'll notice that there was a portion of it that discussed Ultra Wormholes.
Anyways, looking at that, we saw the Creation Trio, we saw Mewtwo, we even saw Kyogre and Groudon.
Soooo, according to VGC18 rules, National Dex is allowed, but only if the Pokemon are caught in Alola.
Which means......
Legendaries will be allowed in VGC again!
We're gonna have Kyogre.... and Groudon.... and Xerneas.... and the Genies....
So, yep, we might as well bring our teams form VGC16 back, cause that's pretty much what its gonna be!
Shame, too, after last year's VGC ACTUALLY WAS FUN AND DIDN'T ALLOW COMPLETLY GAME-BREAKING POKEMON AND FOR THE FIRST TIME LET YOU USE NEW, INNOVATIVE STRATEGIES AND ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE INSTEAD OF GETTING COMPLETLY DESTROYED IF YOUR TEAM WASN'T AT LEAST 100% LEGENDARY
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Tagging @0kamii and @Kris . They need to see this.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
The rules were already announced and cover legendaries, mythical pokemon and Ash-Greninja are banned. Mega Evolution is also back so it's going to be more like vgc15 than anything. Vgc15 + 14 were my favourite formats so I'm pretty hyped for it!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Yeah pretty much GG this year.
OU MASTER RACE
No cover legendaries? Let's see, that excludes:

Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Lunala, Solgaleo, and Necrozma.

Which still leaves:

The Genies, the Regis, the Eon duo, the Legendary Beasts, the Dream Duo, the Swords of Justice, all the Tapus and Ultra Beasts, and most importantly of all, Mewtwo.

I guess it's a doable format, but if Mewtwo is legal, as is Mega stones, then the whole format is going to be polluted with Mega Mewtwos, that is unless Nintendo has some sense and bans Mewtwonite X & Y. Oi, this hardly increased my hopes for VGC 2018. My poor Emolga is about to get demolished.
Sad

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Mewtwo is definitely banned lol, that would be way too broken in this format. Cover legendarys is a general term for the main legendary(s) in a generation, eg. Mewtwo in r/b/y, Ho-oh and Lugia in g/s/c, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in r/s/e, etc. The Rules for vgc18 are essentially the same as battle spot doubles at the moment. I toatly skipped vgc16 cos I didn't like the format so I'm glad they're not going back to it.
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
I Completely skipped 2016 vgc format because i really didn't like it.I came back at 17 vgc which i LOVED.I'm pretty sure big legends like kyogre and groudon etc. will be banned ,all of them.Well about genies and cress i really don't have any problem.
6 Landorus-T on every team. M-Kangaskhan wont be big though, Sucker Punch and Parental Bond nerf, Megas such as Mawile, Salamence, Venusaur and Gengar are stronger.

Also we don't know what tutor moves are gonna be available. Mega Gardevoir's and Sylveon's viability completely relies on Hyper Voice being a tutor move for example.

Good thing imo is that prankster is nerfed, so Liepard, Thundurus and Whimsicott are gonna be more rare and Dark-types more common maybe. We need time to see how the format settles, but it will resemble 2015 in my opinion.

There's many new features and old OP's nerfed or banned so I'm rather excited for this format

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda