Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Weekly Giveaways: What the community wants
you could begin by giving away the main most used in worlds
I have been using the top threats from: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#double (barring the kang because honestly they are extremely available in game). Most people seem keen on VGC but there is interest in mixing it up.

How does three weeks of VGC, followed by a fourth non-VGC (i.e legendaries, smogon OU, LittleCup) sound?

And how far should I dip down the smogon tiers? Keep it in uber-OU or chuck in some NU and RU weeks?
Maybe even have some lower level pokemons like below 10 that way people who are just starting out can have a shiny pokemon they can actually use. Maybe a shiny starter from a different generation or even a shiny Honedge or a shiny Ralts. I read the post and I'm not suggesting these ones, I'm only providing an example of what I mean. People can get it at level 5 or something, and they can train it how they want. Plus it will allow any player just starting their journey to actually use it from the moment they get it.

Although the main problems would be those just starting their journey would be putting up poocheynas or zigzagoons, and if people are looking for low levels they'd be more easily sniped.
You could also do "Movie Giveaways", you pick a random pokemon movie, and then you giveaway the pokemons in it (main ones), for exame on Movie 1, you would do a double giveaway in which we had to choose Mewtwo or Mew.

(Sep 7, 2015, 04:45 AM)nlough Wrote: Maybe even have some lower level pokemons like below 10 that way people who are just starting out can have a shiny pokemon they can actually use. Maybe a shiny starter from a different generation or even a shiny Honedge or a shiny Ralts. I read the post and I'm not suggesting these ones, I'm only providing an example of what I mean. People can get it at level 5 or something, and they can train it how they want. Plus it will allow any player just starting their journey to actually use it from the moment they get it.

Although the main problems would be those just starting their journey would be putting up poocheynas or zigzagoons, and if people are looking for low levels they'd be more easily sniped.

A very nice idea, as you say though, sniping will be a huge problem at low levels and I'm not entirely sure that there's a way around it (without doing FC trades, but that takes a whole lot more coordination). Definitely not impossible though, an if I do a LittleCup giveaway (all Lv5 pokemon) this is something I'd need to consider.

(Sep 7, 2015, 05:10 AM)Ruledragon Wrote: You could also do "Movie Giveaways", you pick a random pokemon movie, and then you giveaway the pokemons in it (main ones), for exame on Movie 1, you would do a double giveaway in which we had to choose Mewtwo or Mew.

Brilliant idea, keep 'em coming guys!
Maybe ever X amount of months you could do one of the trios: birds, dogs, regis, spirits, and justice. There's no trio for Gen VI which I find quite weird. Personally, I wouldn't count Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde as part of trio, they're pretty much just Kyogre, Groundon, and Rayquaza. And Gen III had the Regis. But the point is ever X months possibly do one of the trios and everyone picks the one they want from the trio.
I would love shiny, non-legendary pokemon which can function well in single or double battles. (So I can crush my friends)
i like what you have been doing. maybe make a somgon set and a vgc set for that pokemon.
I like the non-legendary VGC threats a lot. So I agree with hi15361
I think you could theme each week over a certain type and maybe have a vote over the pokemon for that Monotype week.