Poll: Would you be interested paricipating in a Double Battle Tournament without "Pentagon Rule" ?
This poll is closed.
Yes
36.84%
7 36.84%
Maybe... Depends if I can prepare for the suggested format
36.84%
7 36.84%
No
26.32%
5 26.32%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] No Pentagon Rule Tourney (Thoughts and Ideas)
(May 26, 2015, 02:20 AM)GMX Wrote: I still think it's annoying to find all of these infos on Serebii and it will be hard to check if every partecipant is actually using a Transfer-only move on his/her pokemons (for ex. i could bring a Pentagon Entei without ESpeed), plus i don't know if Flat rules allows a No Pentagon pokemon. Another reason for this tourney being a bit unappealing is the fact that our current metagame is so vast that we don't even need to see how Follow Me Magmar or an ESpeed Entei would work (Defiant Tornadus and only a few other things may work and i'm not even sure of it - Belly Drum ESpeed Linoone is not one of these  :P ).  There are many other issues too, but i think all of you understand the problems.

Having said that, i don't mind you if still want to try this thing, but i personally would like to see more viable tourneys so that we can have more people to join it.

I think I should have made myself clear on this idea so I apologized for theconfusion. Basically everything that was once available in the Pokemon games, such as Sheer Force Landorus-T, BD+E-Speed Linnone, Follow Me Magmar, and etc are allow. You don't necessary have to bring Pokemon with those exclusive move, heck any of us can have a VGC 2015 legal team. Yeah I guess that "no pentagon" part confused everyone since I wanted to imply that both pentagon and non pentagon Pokemon can partake in this format. However after some forethought, this I can already tell their will be issues with this format such as the lack of access to these Pokemon without RNG or other cheating (I'm not comparing RNG and Powersaves and Pokegen as the same). I'm ok with people bring these modified/edited Pokemon just to have for the tourney, yet concerned whether some of those Pokemon will transfer through and be ok for use in WIFI. I don't want anyone have anyone of their Pokemon be unable to transfer and be at least battle ready on tourney day. I know this is not relevant to the topic but I don't think many people will partake in this format with the less website traffic due to the site change, at least for now.

I'm basically gonna drop this idea of hosting this Tourney but everyone is welcome to discuss this, though I have already thought of a new tourney format I think everyone will like in some fashion.
The glorious return of Spinda Swap Kappa