Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What are PowerSaves?
I keep seeing people posting "PowerSaves." What are they?

P.S. - Idk if I should be posting this here or under the PowerSaves Forum. Please let me know for future reference.
A powersave lets you copy your pokemon save to your computer or the web. This is done with software you can buy/download. This is often used to cheat in pokemon in a variety of different ways from cloning a pokemmon to editing the IV.
There is a risk that it can corrupt your save.
(Nov 29, 2014, 10:24 AM)KnittingKittens Wrote: A powersave lets you copy your pokemon save to your computer or the web. This is done with software you can buy/download. This is often used to cheat in pokemon in a variety of different ways from cloning a pokemmon to editing the IV.

Two questions:
1.) I'm sure this isn't legal, but is there anyway to check/trace it (like in competitive play)?
2.) How would one ensure that their save is not corrupted?
There is a save backup feature so when before you apply the codes, you back up your savefile. If it gets corrupt, you can restore it from the backup.
(Nov 29, 2014, 12:37 PM)AquaX101 Wrote: There is a save backup feature so when before you apply the codes, you back up your savefile. If it gets corrupt, you can restore it from the backup.

That partially answers only one of my questions. :P
Cheating device no different than Gameshark and Action Replay.
(Nov 29, 2014, 01:27 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Cheating device no different than Gameshark and Action Replay.

Again, my question is not answered.

I'm looking to find out if this is illegal, and if it can traced/proven on the spot.
(Nov 29, 2014, 12:18 PM)Railtracks Wrote:
(Nov 29, 2014, 10:24 AM)KnittingKittens Wrote: A powersave lets you copy your pokemon save to your computer or the web. This is done with software you can buy/download. This is often used to cheat in pokemon in a variety of different ways from cloning a pokemmon to editing the IV.

Two questions:
1.) I'm sure this isn't legal, but is there anyway to check/trace it (like in competitive play)?

(Nov 29, 2014, 01:38 PM)Railtracks Wrote:
(Nov 29, 2014, 01:27 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Cheating device no different than Gameshark and Action Replay.

I'm looking to find out if this is illegal, and if it can traced/proven on the spot.

There seems to be no way for it to be traced for IV and Nature Modifiers but shinies are a yes because it changes the ID of the poke.
(Nov 29, 2014, 02:03 PM)AquaX101 Wrote:
(Nov 29, 2014, 12:18 PM)Railtracks Wrote:

Two questions:

(Nov 29, 2014, 01:38 PM)Railtracks Wrote:

There seems to be no way for it to be traced for IV and Nature Modifiers but shinies are a yes because it changes the ID of the poke.

So if I were to PowerSave the PERFECT Pokémon, I could get away with it, but if it were made shiny, I couldn't?
Yes you could get away with the perfect pokemon but not the shiny