Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What can an AR do to your game?
I'm going to get lynched for this, I swear..
I see my friends using an Action Replay on their 3DS, and they offer me to use it, but I don't hack, so I don't use it.
However, I am slightly worried about them because their feeling are weak, and if they get a broken file they will whine for weaks,
so what are the actual dangers of an action replay?
i mean if you mess up modifying a pokemon and you try to use it online you might get banned from battlespot and stuff like that, but as far as i know, thats about it. could be wrong though.
(Jul 26, 2017, 09:23 AM)écarlate Wrote: i mean if you mess up modifying a pokemon and you try to use it online you might get banned from battlespot and stuff like that, but as far as i know, thats about it. could be wrong though.

So as long as they don't do something stupid, it shouldn't do anything to terribly bad?
(Jul 26, 2017, 09:36 AM)Reis Wrote:
(Jul 26, 2017, 09:23 AM)écarlate Wrote: i mean if you mess up modifying a pokemon and you try to use it online you might get banned from battlespot and stuff like that, but as far as i know, thats about it. could be wrong though.

So as long as they don't do something stupid, it shouldn't do anything to terribly bad?

once again i am no expert, but they should probably be fine as long as they know what they are doing.
The biggest and most apparent risk is exactly what @"écarlate" said and that is a BS ban. Other than that, the wrong code can totally wipe your save data or even corrupt your cartridge. It's definitely safer to not use it at all.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
(Jul 26, 2017, 08:31 AM)Reis Wrote: I'm going to get lynched for this, I swear..
I see my friends using an Action Replay on their 3DS, and they offer me to use it, but I don't hack, so I don't use it.
However, I am slightly worried about them because their feeling are weak, and if they get a broken file they will whine for weaks,
so what are the actual dangers of an action replay?

Do you mean power saves cause that would make more sense. Yes you can use a action replay on a 3ds but then you can only play the older gens like diamond pearl platinum and the black and white series. I used to use an action replay for my old platinum version I never ruined my game or ds but I did break the action replay because I put a to complicated code in and it just broke it. So if you can answer if it's an action replay or power saves I could help further Smile