Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What's your history with shiny Pokemon?
Welp, the title says it all. I feel like sharing my experiences, and I'm curious about what this community's overall experiences with shiny Pokemon are. I'm excluding events and hacked shinies (which I may or may not have done in Generation 4.)

My first shiny Pokemon was a shiny Machop in Pokemon Emerald. I remember one day I was biking through Fiery Pass hatching the Wynaut egg from the old lady. I saw the brown Machop silhouette when it scrolled in and immediately knew it was different. Then, when I saw the sparkles, I freaked out a little. I didn't want to knock it out, and I tried to be super cautious about getting the Machop's HP down (then again, I probably shouldn't have used a Swablu's Peck to reduce it's HP.) Either way, I was able to catch it in a Great Ball. I don't remember how long ago that was, but that was a long time ago. I migrated it to SoulSilver, but I haven't moved it beyond that game.

After the Machop, I didn't see any new Shiny Pokemon until Generation 6. In Pokemon X, my first shiny was a Haunter. I found him in Frost Cavern the day of the premiere of Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions (which is totally awesome and you should go if you haven't already there should still be some tickets get them now before it's too late don't miss it.) I caught it and was able to evolve him at the Pokemon World Championships the next day. I decided to do some chain fishing in Pokemon X as well, and got 3 shiny Poliwhirls and a shiny Basculin. I almost forgot about them until now, to be honest. Beyond that, I didn't see any more shiny Pokemon in the wild, except for one in Alpha Sapphire, which I will get to later. I then started down the dark and all-consuming path of Pokemon Breeding. (no regrets!) During my time breeding in Pokemon X, the only shiny I remember was a shiny Klefki, and when I got it, I completely lost my mind. I was incapable of logical speech for the next few minutes except for "SHINY KLEFKI!" I was pretty stoked about him. The final shiny I bred in Pokemon X was a shiny Litwick. I wanted to use on in a Trick Room team which I never completed. That Litwick is now a Chandelure, and I love it's shiny form even more now.

In Alpha Sapphire, most of my shinies I encountered were from breeding. I started a breeding service way back when, and I bred two shinies while I had it open. One was an Espurr. At the time I was hoping for a female Espurr with Own Tempo, and this was close enough. If by close enough, of course, you mean it's male. With Keen Eye. So, yeah, I was pretty angry about that. And it's also part of the reason why I hate Espurr, or at least breeding for it. But the less said the better. My other shiny I bred during the time was a Bagon. I was surprised that it met all of the requirements that I needed to breed for it (6 IV SHINY FTW, SON!), so I trained it up and am waiting to give it to the person who requested it. I still have a lot of requested Pokemon from when I did that giveaway, but this is not the thread to bring that up.

Once I was done with the giveaway, I had time to breed Pokemon for myself, and I spent some time breeding for a shiny Sableye in a Dusk Ball (yes, I went back to Granite Cave and DexNaved another female Prankster Sableye so I could catch it in a Dusk Ball, not something I recommend) and a shiny Volcarona. Yes, I do like the yellow shinies, and I considered making a team of them, but changed my mind.

That's all I bred, but I encountered 2 other shinies in Alpha Sapphire. I was EV training Attack in Mt. Pyre and I stumbled across a shiny Shuppet out of nowhere. I was able to catch it, of course. And the last shiny I got was from Wonder Trade. I was randomly trading away some breedjects to make room in my boxes (because I'm one of the poor scrubs who doesn't have Pokemon Bank,) and suddenly my trading partner was a Twitch streamer (for those who are wondering, the guy's name was AuSLove,) and I happened to get a shiny Blaziken from the whole ordeal. Granted, it's 100% hacked, and I can prove this since it's in a Love Ball, but to be honest, I don't care. It's still awesome to have a Pokemon from a streamer. It's a good thing I never plan to use it.

That's about all of the shinies that I have encountered to this point. I'm just happy to retell the tales of old glories of shiny Pokemon long, long ago. If you read this entire thing, good for you? Anyway, what shinies have everyone else encountered? Please leave a comment below, because I want to know what everyone else has seen.
A recent one, when horde ev training I found and accidentally killed a shiny whismur in rusturf tunell (AS). That was my first horde shiny and first killed shiny. (Note, no shiny charm)
My first ever shiny i found was a shiny carvanha. I was fish chaining and got it on a chain of 9 Smile
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you have other, happier encounters with shiny Pokemon?
(Jan 7, 2016, 02:59 PM)Craftsman42 Wrote: I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope you have other, happier encounters with shiny Pokemon?

I only noticed it was shiny after using surf noticing it's ears were green...
I found a shiny Sandshrew from random encounters while traveling through the Post-Game. I caught it in an ultra ball
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
In 6 generations of this game I have hatched 2 shinies and caught 1. All in gen 6. Not counting any scripted shinies anyways. I stopped caring about them long, long ago. It's just like a nice bonus to get a usable one.
Ermergerd sergnercher
my very first shiny encounter that WASN'T the red Gyarados in the lake of rage, was a shiny caterpie. In every playthrough of all of my games, i've managed to catch at least 1 shiny.

Hear Gold: Red Gyarados, Shiny Caterpie
Pokemon Black/White: Shiny Swellow and Shiny Fearow
Friends version of Emerald: Shiny Meditite
Pokemon Y: Shiny Illumse
Pokemon ORAS: Shiny Surskit
Oooh Shiniees...I only caught one Shiny in my entire life playing pokemon (not including the hacks that i played when i couldn't afford a nintendo).  I met this little one when I went to Kanto (Pokemon Y)

[Image: ShinyTentacool.jpg]

When i encountered him I was doubting if he really was a shiny, I called my brother and he assured me that he was. I was hyped, but I had trained and experienced team with me so I couldn't weaken it. I threw a bunch of pokeballs and finally caught him. There's no other name for him, but Squidward!

[Image: tumblr_ln1uieLE6W1qj7we6o1_400.gif~c200]

We had a lot of fun times, I even brought him to the first tournament I entered with! I trained him and we practiced a lot until he evolved to a Tentacruel. Squidward did well, but i sucked as a trainer then. I was not even a champion yet in game and don't even know what IVs are. I just joined because i recently watched Se jun Park's Pachirisu became a world champion. Not that I'm a good trainer now, but past trainer me is such a noob. After that I researched more and learnt about IVs and Breeding.

But he's not my only hard-earned shiny, there's also one i bred. (yep, still just one, praying still for that shiny charmander)

In Hoenn (Omega Ruby) I was biking along the coast of Battle resort, breeding for a good-IV'ed Infernape that knows fake out. After 40 eggs, I was surprised when a pink little chimchar came out from the egg. My girlfriend (Miya) was also happy to see it and named him Oyoy (after the pink stuffed monkey, which I won on an arcade thingy with claws, that I gave her during the early stage of us being a couple).

It looks like one of these guys,

[Image: Free-shipping-10pcs-Lot-Plush-Pink-Monke...y-gift.jpg]

She told me to not ever evolve Oyoy so I'll train it to level 100, without evolving it, in the future.

The rest of the shinies I owned are from events, giveaways, or wonder trades. Them being shiny is incomparable to Squidward and Oyoy since I'm their OT.

TL : DR Aside from giveaways, events, wonder trades, or caught when i played hacked roms; I only have two shinies: Tentacool and Chimchar.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

My very first shiny was in X, my first game, in both senses. At first, I got a shiny, level 100 flygon from wondertrade (I was wonder trading preevolutions of things I caught that you couldn't catch at their first stage in the game to help other people out with their dexes as well) and then my first legit shiny (not going to count all the hella rad giveaway pokes) was when I was looking for a hidden ability sableye and solosis (quite foolishly) in reflection cave. Of all the cool shinies I could have caught in that cave, I got a freaking Mr. Mime. Off all the freaking things. My second legit shiny would be rather mind blowing.
I obtained him in ORAS, my second game. I was breeding trevenants and tangelas for ru teams. Literally all my tangelas had regenerator but two ivs, and all my phantumps had four or five ivs but not harvest. Frustrated, I gathered one more round of eggs, saved, and went to bed. The next day, Wednesday, January 6th, 2016, I'm hatching the eggs and the first egg I hatch is a phantump. I stared into his blue eyes and then noticed the silvery blue parts, and then the few red leaves from his branches. I was like ".....What is up with this phant-OH MY GOD!!!" No shiny charm, no mesuda method, and I had hatched a shiny phantump WITH. HARVEST. He had everything but attack and special attack. I named him Aspen, and I was totally going to use him competitively, no attack iv or not but I was able to get him edited. But yeah I've REALLY wanted a shiny trevenant ever since I left for Christmas break and I got a battle ready one from a giveaway, but who knew that I'd end up hatching my own! So I'm giving the giveaway tree to a friend that's also been wanting one for his present on Monday or Tuesday when school starts back up.