Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Why does this exist
@RetroTyphlosion Status doesn't work like that
OU MASTER RACE
(Dec 12, 2017, 09:01 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: @Black Waterfall I found that article too during my research! Great minds think alike!

While he did list the best options, like he said, they're all EXTREMELY gimmicky. Like, if your Pokemon doesn't have enough coverage to hit an opponent without a Ring Target, then you shouldn't use it. Moreover, Pickpocket is a TERRIBLE strategy (and you'd really be baiting nobody since nobody uses it), and the whole Rough Skin thing is just.... well... dumb. There are better items to use (I.E. Rocky Helmet), and the event that someone hits you with a move you're normally immune to is incredibly unlikely unless you're playing a 3 year old. 

My theory (that apparently no one on the internet has thought of), is hitting your partner Pokemon in a Double Battle with a move they'd be immune to normally. Like, say you had a Ghost-type Pokemon on the field, and you wanted to Swagger it with your other Pokemon and get an Attack Boost. Ring Target and you can do that. Its still dumb, and there are better options, but its the most viable thing I can come up with.

Thank you for the input, though. I appreciate it! Rep given.

We should battle Pokemon some time!

-Retro

@RetroTyphlosion This may be another alternative — and indeed a better one, since it gives you more control of the situation. But, as you said, it is still a totally a gimmick play (except maybe in some specific case that I can't think of?).

Yeah, we should definitevely battle some time! (I love Typhlosion too, although, as a hardcore Fire-type enthusiast, I am little suspicious in saying that!) Big Grin
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
(Dec 12, 2017, 09:25 PM)Kris Wrote: @RetroTyphlosion Status doesn't work like that

@Kris What do you mean?
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
You can use Swagger on ghost types @RetroTyphlosion
OU MASTER RACE