Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] Pokeradar Two Cents & Nit Picks
Ok so I know justin has already pretty much covered everything that has to do with the radar in his tutorial video but hear me out. Since getting my copy of X in 2014, I've always wanted to use & be proficient with the pokeradar, catch all 721 pokemon, and get the shiny charm. Now, numbers two and three have been accomplished but #1 I'm JUST getting the hang of.
I wanted to make this thread just to entail my experience in using it & what I found edgy about it.

Rare pokemon vs Common/uncommon pokemon:

Whenever your using the pokeradar with either one of these, you'll find that in the same manner/variance that you encounter them is somewhat similar to how your going to see them with
the pokeradar. For instance, majority of today I've been trying to chain pawniard on route 15. Let's say I went through so much trial and error, it makes you wanna face palm and rip it off in one stroke. So what I did was (in fact I suggest everybody who reads this thread do) go to Sycamore's lab south of Lumoise City. Go to the second floor and talk to the scientist that fgave you the pokeradar and he'll give you a designated pokemon to go chain for. Sometimes it will be a rare and more often it will be a common/uncommon. Go for that mon & try your best (along with watching justin's pokeradar tutorial video jic) to chain for it to be shiny or as high as you can get. This will help you not only get used to the grass vibrations & sharpen your vision focus but will help you avoid from making missteps or mistakes while your chaining for the pokemon you want to be shiny of which I will next detail the do's and don'ts or using the pokeradar

What To Do before chaining:

1. Have MANY super repels with you. Over 200+ is the safe spot for one pokemon in my book
2. Make sure you have a high level (70+) synchronize pokemon with you that has the nature you want the chained pokemon to have
3. Unregister everything but your pokeradar, better be safe than sorry Idea
4. Have plenty of leppa berries or get 4k steps on your 3ds for O- Power to stay up on the PP game KappaHD
5. Make sure you have a false swiper, do your research on the mon your chaining and prepare for your hunt (recoil/explosion-selfdestruct), and change your box if it's full

What Not To Do while chaining:

1. Do not press B when your repel runs out
2. Just like with nature' blue is bad in this case, do not missclick run
3. Don't even think about touching your circle pad, roller skates automatically break your chain
4. Don't convince yourself your stepping in the right type of grass, use your intuition and know

I will also add on that the fact there are types of grass that justin didn't cover in his tutorial video. I ran into these types of grass and they WILL troll you if your only paying attention to your chained pokemon' grass. I call them ninja grass because you can BARELY see them move and majority of the time from my experiences, they're right beside the grass you need to walk into. Let me know any experiences or any advice that y'all had, sharing is caring!

P.S: Even if you go into the grass that your pokemon is in.... if it's on the edges, it will STILL have percentage to break your chain. It just happened to me tjfRekt
Tbh just from reading that it seems like it takes a heck of a lot of concentration just to not mess up the chain and lose a chance at a shiny. I personally wouldn't spend a couple hours doing it.
(Jan 16, 2017, 05:30 AM)Brockahly Wrote: Tbh just from reading that it seems like it takes a heck of a lot of concentration just to not mess up the chain and lose a chance at a shiny. I personally wouldn't spend a couple hours doing it.

It's really not all that difficult if you start out practicing at the earlier routes or go on the daily chaining quest the scientist at Sycamore's lab sends you out on. Also, the common + uncommon pokemon in the area you'll find will be easier to chain for than the rare mons. Head/earphones help you SOOO much too because there are two types of grass that will have the pokemon your chaining for & the faster swishing type of grass will troll you if your not familiar with the sound. I've clocked in god tier hours into my X so this thread is so IF people are really wanting to learn how to chain properly Brockahly. Just chain for pokemon that are in the first 3 routes and you should get the hang of how (hands on) chains work, know how to spot ninja grass, the CORRECT swishing of grass, and luck (fast music if your luckier KappaHD )