Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Do most players use hacked Pokemon?
(Jan 17, 2016, 12:02 PM)Justin Wrote:
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:56 AM)Planb900 Wrote: Thanks for the responses so far guys (and hey Justin!!)

So, is there really any point to catching and breeding, or should I just use Genned pokemon?

Great Question @Planb900, I think it's fine to practice with any pokemon you can get your hands on, but when it comes to actual professional competitive play you must breed them yourself.

The real question is whether or not Pokemon will address 6IV legendary pokemon.

On a side note, has Pokemon taken a stance on legendary Pokemon with more than 4 IVs?

Awesome. Since legitimate, bred Pokemon are required in professional play, I guess I'll avoid hacked ones. I don't see myself moving past WiFi battles in the near future, but I still might as well have fun with it and breed my own Pokemon.

Thanks for your help!
(Jan 17, 2016, 12:02 PM)Justin Wrote:
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:56 AM)Planb900 Wrote: Thanks for the responses so far guys (and hey Justin!!)

So, is there really any point to catching and breeding, or should I just use Genned pokemon?

Great Question @Planb900, I think it's fine to practice with any pokemon you can get your hands on, but when it comes to actual professional competitive play you must breed them yourself.

The real question is whether or not Pokemon will address 6IV legendary pokemon.

On a side note, has Pokemon taken a stance on legendary Pokemon with more than 4 IVs?

I don't think they have. As of right now, I haven't read nor seen anything regarding Legendary Pokémon with 6 IV. But I feel that they might as most legendaries are powerful even with 4 IVs, so. And regarding with the thread, I feel that some people use genned Pokémon, but others breed.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
Just watch out with battles you never know what people do. Most people just max out ivs. But just think you did the right thing and tained them and didnt hack them
(Jan 17, 2016, 04:28 PM)Swimmingpenguin791 Wrote: Just watch out with battles you never know what people do. Most people just max out ivs. But just think you did the right thing and tained them and didnt hack them

Especially in free battles. I don't know how many times I got OHKO'd by a level 50 Pichu. But I feel that training and breeding your own Pokémon is the best way to go as it will make you feel better in the end.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
as @Justin pointed out, Legendaries are a problem.

I don't agree with breeding taking that much time for competitive play, even more when I plan to work in E-sport, my vision is really toward the competive aspect. But comparing breeding a normal Pokemon vs Soft Reseting to get a Legendary with the right Nature + the right IVs...

Maybe the company doesn't want the game to be competitive (like Smash Bros) but then why do they organize World Championships?

I feel like they should either ban all legendaries (not only the new tier) from competitive play, or change the whole system. Like, by doing special things/quests you should be able to change the nature of a Pokemon (like in real life, you can be timid but you might change). and maybe change the IVs system
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:44 AM)Justin Wrote:
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:39 AM)Planb900 Wrote: Hey guys,

I've been playing Pokemon super casually ever since LeafGreen, but as of a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to start playing competitively online. Recently in Omega Ruby I've just been catching and breeding and preparing to create a team for WiFi battles, but I just had a question; do most players catch their Pokemon and breed them like I do, or do people generally just hack perfect IV Pokemon into the game and play with those? Is that even allowed online?

Thanks!

-Tate

I actually use wizardry to summon my Pokemon from the Netherrealm. It's totally legit.

This made me laugh. Hard.