Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your most fond memories of Iwata and his games
(Jul 12, 2015, 07:24 PM)naitre Wrote: Pokemon Stadium on N64!

Edit: I'd also like to include this link that encompasses all of the games Iwata has been credited for.

Man, going through that list hurt. I mean seriously, almost every single game that meant something to me as a kid (not to mention even now) had Iwata's hand in it in some way. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, all the Pokemon games (especially Snap, XD, and R/S), Super Smash Bros. Melee, and the Mother series have all had a huge impact on my childhood. Even as I get older, I've started to discover the mastery that is his other games, like the newer Zelda games or the Mario & Luigi series (among others).

He was and will always be a legend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am1IFNPaVV0

Would you look at that... It's raining tonight...
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I distinctly remember the day Gold/Silver released. The commercials for them leading up to the release day made it way too hype, "Silver and Gold...Silver and Gooold POKEMON!". That was quite some time ago but I remember it fondly. Iwata is responsible for so much of what I cherished in my childhood. It's easy to overlook the person behind the game sometimes, however in this case I don't think i'll ever forget this man's generosity and compassion!
(Jul 13, 2015, 07:18 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: Man, going through that list hurt. I mean seriously, almost every single game that meant something to me as a kid (not to mention even now) had Iwata's hand in it in some way. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, all the Pokemon games (especially Snap, XD, and R/S), Super Smash Bros. Melee, and the Mother series have all had a huge impact on my childhood. Even as I get older, I've started to discover the mastery that is his other games, like the newer Zelda games or the Mario & Luigi series (among others).

He was and will always be a legend.

Couldn't have said it better myself