Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Yveltal+Mawile Core
So I found a core that I wanted to try while browsing different forums: Yveltal and Mega Mawile

Both complement each other well. Mawile checks Yveltal's threats (mainly Xerneas) while Dark Aura boosts both Yveltal's own Dark-type attacks and Mawile's Sucker Punch. I came across this Yveltal moveset:

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 60 HP / 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Here's a description about this particular moveset:

"Since I am using LO, with 60 HP EVs I reach 209 HP so recoil is less. With 188 speed I can out speed neutral natured Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kangaskhan, Moltres, Lucario and Smeargle of course. Rest is dumped into attack. Oblivion wing is really nice as it helps me recover the Life Orb recoil."

I know that there are a few more movesets listed in the VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread on here, but I thought that this one was interesting.

My question would be what would be the optimal moveset and spread for Mawile? Who else would you include on the team?
I would say shoot for a Mega Mawile spread that's bulky enough to take two +2 Dazzling Gleams and a +2 HP Ground attack from Xerneas since it needs to take out Yveltal's main counter ASAP. If you are going to use Yveltal and Mega Mawile, I'm going to give you a link to a useful website I've found for vgc 2016 called battle spot stats. For VGC 2016 information, change Single to Special and make sure the it says "season 14" so it shows an accurate information of the current usage stats on Battle Spot Special.  

Mega Mawile stats: http://battlespotstats.com/?game=ORAS&se...ial#Mawile

If you want, try out Modest Primal Kyogre and Trick Room Cresselia with Skill Swap to ensure that you can win the weather war against Primal Groudon as well as mess around with the opponents abilities.
(Feb 8, 2016, 11:48 PM)Black117 Wrote: I would say shoot for a Mega Mawile spread that's bulky enough to take two +2 Dazzling Gleams and a +2 HP Ground attack from Xerneas since it needs to take out Yveltal's main counter ASAP. If you are going to use Yveltal and Mega Mawile, I'm going to give you a link to a useful website I've found for vgc 2016 called battle spot stats. For VGC 2016 information, change Single to Special and make sure the it says "season 14" so it shows an accurate information of the current usage stats on Battle Spot Special.  

Mega Mawile stats: http://battlespotstats.com/?game=ORAS&se...ial#Mawile

If you want, try out Modest Primal Kyogre and Trick Room Cresselia with Skill Swap to ensure that you can win the weather war against Primal Groudon as well as mess around with the opponents abilities.

Thank you for the link! That's super helpful. Smile