Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

lucario competitive team build?
lucario is my pokemon i want to build around. he has 5IV and EV trained in attack and speed looking for a great move set for him also team suggestions would be nice. new to competitive battleing btw

thanks for the help

~Stacey
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch/Bullet Punch/Crunch/Earthquake

We can also battle if you want!
(Aug 3, 2016, 10:01 PM)le2017 Wrote: Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch/Bullet Punch/Crunch/Earthquake

We can also battle if you want!
sure i'll probably lose though
thanks for the help im gonna try it out
Well it all really depends on what format you plan on doing with it. And also are you doing doubles or singles
Lucario needs opportunities to set up before attacking or at least come in safety so slow pivots such as Baton Pass Sylveon/Umbreon, Mega Ampharos, Gligar, Eelektross etc, can work. Even fast pivots such as Mega Beedrill, Crobat, Heliolisk and such work but it's safest to bring Lucario in when U-turn/Volt Switch picks up the KO when used.

Lucario needs hazard support. Swampert, Roserade, Nidoqueen, Donphan, Krookodile, the works. Chip damage makes it easier to pick up KOs

Speed control in the form of Sticky Webs and paralysis can also be used to give Lucario a more favorable matchup against faster opponents

Lucario struggles against Ghost, Ground, Fire, Fairy and a few Flying types so coverage against those is good too. Chandelure, Swampert, Crobat, Krookodile, etc work well with it