Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

mega medicham help
I got a good move pull zen headbutt thunder punch high jumpkick and fake out do you think thats good and my question is whats a good ev spread for singles and what nature i know it dont matter for pre ability as its going to mega
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:07 PM)peter19944 Wrote: I got a good move pull zen headbutt thunder punch high jumpkick and fake out do you think thats good and my question is whats a good ev spread for singles and what nature i know it dont matter for pre ability as its going to mega

Hey, Peter!

I have been using Mega Medicham for my VGC team. I'm not sure how much this build differs from what would be optimal for the Singles format, but here's what I've got:

Medicham w/ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Psycho Cut

Like you, I had originally included Zen Headbutt and High Jump Kick in there, but thanks to some wonderful feedback from Marcusube here on the forums, I opted for Drain Punch and Psycho Cut, just to have more accuracy.

Again, this is my Medicham for VGC (Doubles), so you may need to tweak the EV spread and/or moveset a little bit to suit your format. But either way, I can say that my Medicham hits like a truck!

Hope this helps!

xx
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:17 PM)iflytoohigh Wrote:
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:07 PM)peter19944 Wrote: I got a good move pull zen headbutt thunder punch high jumpkick and fake out do you think thats good and my question is whats a good ev spread for singles and what nature i know it dont matter for pre ability as its going to mega

Hey, Peter!

I have been using Mega Medicham for my VGC team. I'm not sure how much this build differs from what would be optimal for the Singles format, but here's what I've got:

Medicham w/ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Psycho Cut

Like you, I had originally included Zen Headbutt and High Jump Kick in there, but thanks to some wonderful feedback from Marcusube here on the forums, I opted for Drain Punch and Psycho Cut, just to have more accuracy.

Again, this is my Medicham for VGC (Doubles), so you may need to tweak the EV spread and/or moveset a little bit to suit your format. But either way, I can say that my Medicham hits like a truck!
Thanks for this id put it to use Smile
Hope this helps!

xx
Medicham's normal ability is already pure power so when it megas it doesn't change unless you have its hidden ability which is telepathy which doesn't really have an application in singles.
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:42 PM)burgeman1102 Wrote: Medicham's normal ability is already pure power so when it megas it doesn't change unless you have its hidden ability which is telepathy which doesn't really have an application in singles.

I was thinking something like 252atk 64spe and rest on hp what do you think for that
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:48 PM)peter19944 Wrote:
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:42 PM)burgeman1102 Wrote: Medicham's normal ability is already pure power so when it megas it doesn't change unless you have its hidden ability which is telepathy which doesn't really have an application in singles.

I was thinking something like 252atk 64spe and rest on hp what do you think for that

Are you trying to cover something specific with those EV's. Otherwise I would just run the max investment in speed and attack the the rest in hp with a jolly nature.
(Mar 28, 2015, 01:00 PM)burgeman1102 Wrote:
(Mar 28, 2015, 12:48 PM)peter19944 Wrote:

Are you trying to cover something specific with those EV's. Otherwise I would just run the max investment in speed and attack the the rest in hp with a jolly nature.
would adament be good? And saw that build on a youtuber i watch
It would give you more attack. I would want to make sure I outspeed as many pokemon I could. Its attack already gets a boost from the pure power. But its all up to you. Id run the build that iflytohigh showed except for a jolly nature. And maybe a few different moves depending on what coverage you might need since medicham has great civerage moves.
Thanks guys im going for that build but with jolly as i know what pure power does which if it did have it i would of choosed adament but jolly sounds good as i need to outspeed alot of stuff hope i can out speed talon
Talonflame's gale wings would give priority to brave bird or any other flying moves. Trying to fake out is your best bet to get some damage off.