Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

something a mod needs to add into pokemon forever
i notice that there is a scammer section where you can pm a mod and tell if you are scammed by a user but theres never a section where you can pm about scammers that are not on the website but still play the game. i decided to make this after getting my latias stolen by a player not on the website, and i hope that nobody will have to get their first legendaries stolen by a scammer. thank you and rip latias
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
But how are we supposed to recognize the player in game..?
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:25 PM)Elly Wrote: But how are we supposed to recognize the player in game..?

name and description of their character if using X/Y or alt npc picture or default character for OR/AS
"Clothes"
It's entirely possible for someone to use the same player icon and the same IGN. It's not a thing we can actually implement. Not to mention people can change their icons in game, and also through other means, change their IGN. It's not practical sorry.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:32 PM)Squeab Wrote: It's entirely possible for someone to use the same player icon and the same IGN. It's not a thing we can actually implement. Not to mention people can change their icons in game, and also through other means, change their IGN. It's not practical sorry.

^all of this
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:33 PM)Elly Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:32 PM)Squeab Wrote: It's entirely possible for someone to use the same player icon and the same IGN. It's not a thing we can actually implement. Not to mention people can change their icons in game, and also through other means, change their IGN. It's not practical sorry.

^all of this

1.i never knew you could change ign

2.all coincidences beside, some safety is better than none, and the likely hood of all of somebody instantly changing everything about there profile/ somebody having the same exact message,picture,name is very low. im not trying to be rude i just dont want people to get their pokemon stolen with somebody getting away and doing it all over again. and if you can get 15,687 people and counting safe from these scammers im sure they would appreciate it.
"Clothes"
CHOO CHOO
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:51 PM)Rogue Wrote: CHOO CHOO

100% agree.
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:49 PM)xcr03 Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:33 PM)Elly Wrote:

^all of this

1.i never knew you could change ign

2.all coincidences beside, some safety is better than none, and the likely hood of all of somebody instantly changing everything about there profile/ somebody having the same exact message,picture,name is very low. im not trying to be rude i just dont want people to get their pokemon stolen with somebody getting away and doing it all over again. and if you can get 15,687 people and counting safe from these scammers im sure they would appreciate it.

While I know it could be helpful, it's really common to find someone with a similar/same IGN and avatar, and what you want to achieve is unrealistic. Besides most of our users are bots lol.
(Oct 9, 2016, 05:23 PM)xcr03 Wrote: i notice that there is a scammer section where you can pm a mod and tell if you are scammed by a user but theres never a section where you can pm about scammers that are not on the website but still play the game. i decided to make this after getting my latias stolen by a player not on the website, and i hope that nobody will have to get their first legendaries stolen by a scammer. thank you and rip latias

Love that you're looking out for the community at large @xcr03. However, I think right now pretty much all of the mod team have their hands full with internal site issues. That being said, the solution isn't adding new mods either. More isn't always better; just like more police officers doesn't directly mean safer streets.

Your suggestion is definitely something worth considering, but unfortunately can't be a current priority.

Please feel free to keep sharing great ideas! <3
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv