Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

wonderful game corruption
Star 
so i was playing fire red with my friend. i wanted to catch up to him and play so i used a rare candy cheat and a ghost cheat using gameshark. i passed through the lab to skip getting a starter and i used a cheat to get hitmonchan. (note to people who dont use gameshark: this usually wont crash the game) so i got my hitmonchan and taught it mega punch while naming it saitama (lol) and then after that a bunch of walls were all over the room and before that i disabled cheats so i had no idea what was going on. i went outside of the house i was in and everything was normal so i went to go and battle some trainers. my lvl 67 hitmonchan decided to become a lvl 5 (?). he knew tackle and growl. so i went to my pokemon and none were there but one that was glitched at the cancel button. it looked like a shiny bulbasaur so i decided to click it. it became a lvl 213 nothing. and my game crashed XD
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
Idea It seems the game is responding to after-effects of the cheats.
Hopefully, your game will still work.
It seems that the game was confused. You skipped getting a starter (which is usually recommended NOT to do) via walking through walls (that causes some problems but usually non game breaking). The game tried to rework around that and by doing so it reset your hitmochans level more than likely reading it as a wrong file so it shrunk it down to level 5 cause at the time that should be your only pokemon's level. the shiny bulbasaur at 251 I'm guessing was coding gone wrong because it shouldn't be near the cancel button yet it was. And so by you clicking on it the game couldn't decide to execute the send out pokemon command or the cancel command.
Hope this makes some sense. I've used gameshark cheats and ik that Hitmochan or any code similar to it don't cause game problems like this. I think what caused it was the walk through walls chest because those codes are super finiky.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
i did some research into it and it turned out to be a thing called, bad EGG. i reset my game and it started working fine and it apparently happens when you use too many codes at once and then you try a big code causing the game to overload and corrupt through trying to run a bunch of things at once.
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"