Pokemon Forever
Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread (/Thread-VGC-Pokemon-VGC-2015-Metagame-Megathread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - Eckley - Jan 10, 2015

Makes sense, I was just curious if EV spreads are the same or not

RE: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - mike3640 - Jan 11, 2015

I ran tornadus early on with heat wave air slash taunt and tailwind with same evs listed earlier as bulky thunderus. It was actually pretty good but thunderus was clearly superior so I switched to him. I invested in Special defense to help survive thunderbolts and ice beams

RE: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - Eeveeli - Jan 11, 2015

What about mega-Blaziken? It's climbing up the ladder on pokemon-gl and i'm actually really curious how he would work :p. Never used him in VGC2014 since I thought he was pretty frail but i'm curious about it now since it passed Charizard-Y :D

RE: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - Shifu - Jan 11, 2015

I have played against it and it is actually very strong, you just need to predict very well with your Protect/WideGuard which is practically necessary on him. With his ability you also can invest in full Atk and maybe a bit bulk or smth instead of speed. I really like Blaziken , it is sth that I wanted to test anyways :D

RE: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - evilsabre - Jan 11, 2015

wide guard + quick guard can be spammed though without failing though so that's a scary possibility although eeveeli its only ahead overall and special (where you can't use charizard) not in doubles or triples where it doesn't even make top 12 :P

I have seen it in doubles aswell, if you're not prepared it can be extremely nasty and sweep your whole team if it is set up

(Jan 11, 2015, 08:59 AM)Shifu Wrote: I have seen it in doubles aswell, if you're not prepared it can be extremely nasty and sweep your whole team if it is set up

yea but its a bit of a gimmick it relies on quick guard/wide guard to protect it + intimidate hurts it badly if it doesn't get those support moves talonflame, landerous and sylveon destroy it and all of them are everywhere in doubles atm

True dat they are pratically everywhere but I dunno I bet my *** off that out there someone figured out a way to deal with them. Something I know is Sword Dance Blaziken. I mean if you trade off 2 for 1 with that blaziken you already got Value out of it

(Jan 11, 2015, 09:06 AM)Shifu Wrote: True dat they are pratically everywhere but I dunno I bet my *** off that out there someone figured out a way to deal with them. Something I know is Sword Dance Blaziken. I mean if you trade off 2 for 1 with that blaziken you already got Value out of it

you need both quick and wide guard but if the foe brings both talon and landerous/slyveon you can't block both at the same time also thunderous can taunt your support to make your blaziken vulnerable to attack from say a talonflame. Cresellia walls blaziken pretty well as well while having offensive pressure on him. Overall blaziken regardless of mega or not is terrifying if it gets a swords dance off for free but the opportunities for that are very rare in the doubles format.

RE: Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread - Eeveeli - Jan 11, 2015

Ah ... I just noticed I was looking at the wrong list LOL. I was already surprised to see it there :P