Pokemon Forever
VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program (/Thread-VGC-Competitive-Battling-Mentorship-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Slec - Sep 22, 2015

(Sep 22, 2015, 07:28 AM)johnstarr Wrote:
(Dec 30, 2014, 02:34 PM)SCf3 Wrote: Looking for VGC/Smogon help from experienced players? Look no further!

I've noticed there's been a lot of newer members asking for competitive battling help and I think it'd be a great idea to bring people together and help new people more efficiently with having a mentor program. Interested in being a mentor/getting a mentor? Keep reading below!

A mentor is someone who can help you get started in the competitive world (whether it be Smogon/VGC/etc.), build teams, or just give any VGC advice in general! Or you can practice battling teams together on Battle Spot/Showdown together, etc. There are no real requirements to becoming a mentor, VGC/Smogon/battling experience is a must though.

If anybody wants to be a mentor just post a little about yourself and what format you're best in/play in (Smogon/VGC), your timezone, and any experience you have! And then we can get newer members to get assigned to someone. THIS WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.* Also feel free to message/post questions on this thread for any of these people!

* = (Unless you are listed for both VGC AND Smogon, we will try to pair you with a mentee that also wants to learn more about both)

Please keep checking this thread to see if you have been assigned, and once you are assigned to someone please PM your new mentee/mentor and introduce yourself! I will try to send out PMs once everyone is assigned, but it is very time consuming so for my sanity just remember to check this thread.

Interest list for Mentors:
  • Black117 - VGC/Battlespot Doubles (GMT -8)
  • Eeveeli (GMT+1, can handle multiple mentees)
  • naitre (EST) - Smogon
  • Rogue (EST) - Smogon & VGC
  • Marcusube (EST) - Smogon & VGC
  • MudkipLegend (EST) - VGC
  • Sandragon13 - Smogon
  • z2porygon (MST) - VGC
  • Animekid7 (EST) - VGC
  • terrorkid94 - VGC
  • Aether - VGC
Interest list for being Mentored:
  • names go here

CURRENT MENTOR/MENTEE LIST (Mentor is listed first, then mentee)
  • Black117 & DeathofShadows1928
  • Eeveeli & Nubnubs12345
  • Animekid7 & ForsakenM~ & Ashelotte
  • terrorkid94 & gpoke
  • Rogue & rockiesfan4ever & BlakBlankaSmash
  • Aether & Blue

I can help if you want Smile im in New Jersey so it works

Hi i am new to vgc and would like a mentor as i am trying to start competing this year so anyone in vgc plz my time zone is est i live in florida

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - RebornFX - Sep 26, 2015

Hey my name is James. I'm pretty new to VGC, though I would say I know the basics. In particular I'm hoping to learn about general teambuilding, creating EV spreads (such as knowing relevant benchmarks), knowing which pokemon to bring/lead and just general gameplay.

My timezone is GMT+1.
Thanks guys.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - tsumewulf - Oct 4, 2015

looking for someone to mentor me in the VGC format, i have no experience in VGC although i have tried learning on my own but failed. timezone is EST :u thanks to future mentor for mentoring me

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Shachi - Oct 8, 2015

I'm Looking for a mentor in the VGC 15 format, Curently have teams pre-build i just need help with the finishing touches and how to play around my weaknesses.

My Timezone is GMT +1, but my hours are very flexible

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - DGenerationX61 - Oct 9, 2015

I could I possibly get a mentor for Competitve VGC I'm newer to competitive battling and I got into it watching the world championships and players like Aaron Zheng Wolfe Glick and Alex Ogloza and Justin Flynn But like I said I'm new and could use some help particularly with team building

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - GeekyGrowlithe - Oct 9, 2015

Hello, my name is GeekyGrowlithe. I am looking for a mentor for this year vgc. I've been making lots of diversity teams, but in the long run, they lose more than they win. So I am in need of help to make a good team for VGC, I got two pokemon in my head, but can't think of a good team base around them.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - wpendragon - Oct 9, 2015

Hello all, I could use a mentor for VGC stuff as I think I've gotten a bit rusty (that plus Sachi's a monster to go against xD). However I think I could provide mentor-ship to people for smogon stuff if you guys need someone to take a bit of pressure off your hands. I'm currently living in the eastern US timezone, but my work schedule gives me some flexibility on that. Anywho, I hope I can be of use, and that I could find a good sparing partner/mentor for VGC stuff!

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Bear1426 - Oct 12, 2015

Hello, I'm looking for a mentor in vgc (and all that generally goes with it; team building, EV training, etc, etc) specifically for singles and doubles.
GMT -4 (EST) but I work the overnight shift but I'm able to play during that time, which works best for me but I can be flexible if needed.
Thanks in advance :D

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Shachi - Oct 12, 2015

(Oct 9, 2015, 09:50 PM)wpendragon Wrote: Hello all, I could use a mentor for VGC stuff as I think I've gotten a bit rusty (that plus Sachi's a monster to go against xD). However I think I could provide mentor-ship to people for smogon stuff if you guys need someone to take a bit of pressure off your hands. I'm currently living in the eastern US timezone, but my work schedule gives me some flexibility on that. Anywho, I hope I can be of use, and that I could find a good sparing partner/mentor for VGC stuff!

wow thanks, Thanks going in the signature ^_^ I do try my best in every battle.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - wpendragon - Oct 12, 2015

glad you like. I'll get'cha next time though =P

Edit: once again I spoke too soon....